If you're aged 5 to 17 years old, you can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel if you're going abroad.
Children under 5 cannot get an NHS COVID Pass. They may need to show proof of a negative test when travelling.
You do not need an NHS COVID Pass to go to domestic events and venues in England.
If you're going abroad, check the foreign travel advice page at GOV.UK to find out the entry requirements of the country you're visiting.
Age 5 to 11
You can use the Get your NHS COVID Pass letter service for a child aged 5 or over living in England, Wales or the Isle of Man. You can also ask for other formats (audio, big print or Braille).
You must be the child’s parent or guardian.
To request an NHS COVID Pass letter for travel in Wales or Isle of Man (age 12 or over), visit:
Age 12 or over
You can get an NHS COVID Pass online if you're aged 12 or over.
You can also get an NHS COVID Pass in other formats (a letter, audio, big print or Braille) using the Get your NHS COVID Pass letter service.
Age 13 or over
You can get an NHS COVID Pass using the NHS App if you're 13 or over.
The NHS App and the online NHS COVID Pass service will need you to create an NHS login if you do not have one already.
What is NHS login
NHS login makes it easier and quicker for you to securely access digital health and care services with 1 username and password.
NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests. You will need to register at least 2 weeks before you want to use your NHS COVID Pass.
Vaccine and test requirements for the NHS COVID Pass
If you're aged 12 to 17, the same requirements apply as for people aged 18 or over. You need to have 1 of the following:
- at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine that's recognised in the UK
- a positive NHS PCR test within the last 6 months
Vaccines recognised in the UK
Vaccines recognised in the UK are:
- Oxford/AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Institute of India (Covishield)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin)
- SinoVac (CoronaVac)
- Beijing Institute of Biological Products (Sinopharm BIBP)
If you're asking for an NHS COVID Pass letter (including other formats such as audio, big print or Braille):
- you need to have had 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine recognised in the UK (or 1 dose of the Janssen vaccine)
- you cannot get an NHS COVID Pass based on a positive NHS PCR test in the last 6 months