Skip to main content


An NHS COVID Pass shows your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination details or test results. This is your COVID-19 status.

You may be asked to show your pass to travel abroad, or at events and venues in England asking for proof of your COVID-19 status.

Always check the entry requirements for the country or the venue you're visiting.

If you're planning to travel abroad, or want to know more about your COVID-19 status:

How to get your NHS COVID Pass

You can get an NHS COVID Pass in a digital format for travel or going to domestic venues or events.

You can get a paper NHS COVID Pass letter for travel.


Find out about getting:

Members of the UK armed forces need to visit the 'My health care hub' on the Defence Gateway (login required) to find out how to get their NHS COVID Pass.

COVID-19 vaccine trials

If you were vaccinated as part of an official clinical trial in England or Wales, you can get an NHS COVID Pass for domestic events and venues.

You'll be able to get an NHS COVID Pass for travel soon. Some people already can, it depends if your clinical trial site has put your vaccination information on the NHS vaccine database.

If you cannot get an NHS COVID Pass, contact your clinical trial site.

Check the entry requirements for the country you're visiting.

COVID Passes and vaccination status in other parts of the UK and the Crown Dependencies

Page last reviewed: 21 September 2021
Next review due: 30 September 2021