You can make or change a choice for:
- children under the age of 13
- someone you can legally make decisions for
NHS Digital’s privacy notice explains how your data is used to apply your choice.
Make or change a choice for yourself or a child under the age of 13
You can make or change a choice for yourself by downloading and completing this form and emailing or posting it to the Contact Centre.
- Make and manage your choice or your child's choice (PDF, 224kb)
- Published: 19 May 2021
- Last updated: 19 May 2021
If you're a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13, you can also use this form to make and manage a choice on their behalf.
National Data Opt Out
7 and 8 Wellington Place
You can also make or change a choice for yourself by phoning the NHS Digital Contact Centre.
The phone number is 0300 303 5678 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
A member of staff can:
- help you use the online service
- make or change a choice on your behalf
- print and post a form to you
Make or change a choice for an adult
To make and manage a choice on behalf of someone else, you must be one of the following to the person:
- health and welfare lasting power of attorney
- property and financial affairs lasting power of attorney
- Court of Protection deputy
Download and complete this form and email or post it to the Contact Centre (same email and postal address as above).
- Make and manage a choice for someone else (PDF,154kb)
- Published: 10 May 2021
- Last updated: 10 May 2021
Page last reviewed: 10 July 2019
Next review due: 10 July 2022