The Riverside Practice

1. Review titled 8 week baby appointment

by Beeps-humane - Posted on 16 December 2021

The attention is good in general. The doctor is very kind and friendly. We had the 8 week appointment. We didn’t have the 6 week appointment, but the week 8 appointment instead, so both appointments were joined together. This is totally understandable. However, it would be nice if they go through the questions with mom and dad before giving the vaccines and examinations for the baby. Otherwise, mom is too stressed because the baby is crying. This plus everyone wearing masks makes really difficult to understand the questions asked by the doctor. I am sure it will take the same amount of time and the discussion and will be more effective.

Visited December 2021

Report review titled 8 week baby appointment as unsuitable

Provided by Care opinion

Replied on 16 December 2021

Thank you for your feedback and we will look at how we could improve how we inform parents when booking their combined appointment that this is the postnatal, 6 week baby check and first baby immunisations in one visit. We can also check with the parents how they would like to do the appointment at the time of the appointment in terms of asking questions on their health and then doing the baby exam after.

Provided by Care opinion

2. Review titled Do not recommend at all

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 September 2021

This GP has very poor communication skills, they are very rude and do not pay attention to any of my family’s problems. We need urgent care and they said they’d contact us over the phone multiple of times but they have not contacted us at all. This has been happening to us for so many years and they never change. If you want a good service do not come here. I work in healthcare and this is totally unacceptable no one should be treated this way especially when they’re are very poorly.

Visited August 2021

Report review titled Do not recommend at all as unsuitable

Replied on 02 September 2021

I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the practice team and leave a message for Dr Goel who be able to look into this further.

3. Review titled Poorly trained reception staff.

by K.T - Posted on 03 July 2021

Insufiecient registering process, lack of information about services you can get and later when you asked for an email or letter to post to you the practice is giving you a headache. I checked with the nhs and this is possible (letter/email) especially now during the covid time. In addition the practice is clearly saying not to coming to the practice if unnecessary...so it would be irresponsible from me.

Visited July 2021

Report review titled Poorly trained reception staff. as unsuitable

Replied on 05 July 2021

Dear K.T we are sorry about your recent experience and please contact the reception manager, Mrs Iqra Khan, so she can discuss this further with you.

4. Review titled Very poor customer service by doctors and reception

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 August 2020

I have been waiting over 10 days for results that I was told would take 2 days. On top of that the doctor made inappropriate comments on the phone regarding my potential parenting abilities. No one at the practice has tried to help following several phones daily over a week.

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Very poor customer service by doctors and reception as unsuitable

Replied on 21 August 2020

We are sorry that you have not received your results. Please ask to speak to the reception manager whose name is Iqra and we can look into this further.

5. Review titled Downright rude receptionists

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 August 2020

I was new to this practice and it was my first appointment for a routine test. I was surprised and shocked at how incredibly rude the receptionists are. From the first second, both receptionists were horrible – they talked about me as if I wasn't there, laughing and joking and casually asking each other which one's turn it was to address me. I was given no directions about where to wait, as this is during coronavirus – a lady leaving the building happened to let me in and gave me some direction. The receptionists looked at each other and laughed at me when I entered the reception and then proceeded to give me little instruction on where to wait or whether the nurse had been notified that I'd arrived for my appointment. I find this kind of behaviour more common in teenage playgrounds, and unacceptable at the reception desk of a GP surgery. It was upsetting for me – your average person, and I can imagine this type of behaviour could really negatively impact anyone vulnerable, elderly or those with mental health issues. To be clear, the nurse I spoke to was very polite and nice. Even so, I'll be switching to a different GP surgery immediately, after having one interaction with the receptionists at this one, who should be fired for behaving so badly in a role which should be empathetic and helpful – and at the very least, not bullies.

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Downright rude receptionists as unsuitable

Replied on 21 August 2020

We are sorry for your experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into this matter and arrange appropriate staff training.

6. Review titled prescribed in error costing me money

by Anonymous - Posted on 09 January 2020

The receptionist was helpful and the practice nurse was kind. However, the travel nurse made mistake in my prescription, i paid for the product which couldn't be returned for refund. No apology and no refund possible due to her error. also didn't consult on travel or return any calls as i was led to believe she would. very disappointing

Visited January 2020

Report review titled prescribed in error costing me money as unsuitable

The Riverside Practice has not yet replied.