You can use this service to:
- choose to receive notifications from the NHS to book a COVID-19 vaccination
- choose not to receive notifications from the NHS to book a COVID-19 vaccination
Either choice you make will not impact your care. You can change your choice at any time. You will still be able to book your COVID-19 vaccination appointment online if you change your mind.
Using this service will only update your national NHS records.
You may still receive separate letters, texts, NHS App notifications, or calls from your GP or an organisation working on behalf of your GP.
You'll need to contact your GP practice to change these.
Before you start
To change your preference you must:
- be aged 16 or older
- have your NHS number or your postcode registered with your GP practice
- have access to the email address or mobile number that's registered with your GP practice
Find your NHS number
An NHS number is a 10 digit number, like 485 777 3456.
You can find this:
- on any letter or document sent to you by the NHS
- by logging in to a GP practice online service
- by using the NHS number finder service
Ask your GP practice for help if you can't find your NHS number.
We'll use this information to find your contact details from your health records so we can send you a security code.
Read more about how we use your data for National Vaccination Programmes on the NHS England website
Important: Changing for someone else
This service is to update your own preference.
If you attempt to change someone else's preference without their consent:
- you may be committing a crime
Help and support from 119
If you are unable to make your choice online call 119.
Calls to 119 are free from mobiles and landlines. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and on Saturday from 9am to 1pm. Closed Sunday and bank holidays. 119 provides support in 200 languages.
You can use textphone 18001 or the NHS 119 British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter service if you have difficulties communicating or hearing, or if you are a BSL user.