- 1/2 medium apple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 small pear, peeled
Try serving with full-fat yoghurt, and add a sprinkling of cinnamon over the fruit for extra flavour.
- Chop the apple and pear into finger-sized wedges, big enough for baby to grasp, with half sticking out the top of their hand.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and steam the pear fingers for 8 minutes.
- Add the apple fingers and cook for a further 2 minutes until fruit has softened (but not collapsed).
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Any unused fruit will make a great snack for other members of the family, just chop it up into bite-sized chunks.