- 45g (3 tbsp) canned five bean salad, no added sugar and salt, drained
- 10g full fat hard cheese, grated
- 1x small slice wholemeal bread
- 1tsp vegetable oil spread
- ¼ small red pepper, washed and sliced into sticks
This recipe is great as a healthier snack for older children in the family to enjoy too.
- Chop or mince the beans and cheese together in a bowl.
- Toast the bread, then thinly spread with butter and cut into fingers.
- Place the bean mixture on top of the toast fingers.
- Add the sliced red pepper sticks on the side.
- Place the leftover beans into a bowl, cover and store in fridge for up to 2 days. You could make the mashed beans again or add the leftover beans to your evening meal such as in a soup, casserole, stew or curry,