Chicken noodle stew
A simple warm lunch to make for your baby with chicken, vegetables and noodles. Can be enjoyed by the rest of the family too, simply serve as it is instead of chopping up. Freeze extra portions for handy future meals.
Age: 10-12 mths
Serves: 4 portions (approx)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Suitable for vegetarians? N
- ¼ small onion, peeled (20g)
- ¼ medium carrot, peeled (30g)
- 125g chicken breast
- 235ml boiling water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 45g tinned sweetcorn
- 60g egg noodles (dried)
Use frozen sweetcorn instead of tinned if preferred. Remember fresh, frozen, tinned, dried and juiced fruit and vegetables all count towards your 5 A Day.
- Slice the onion and carrots. Dice the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Add the onion, carrots and sweetcorn – cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the water, simmer for 5 minutes
- Finally, break the noodles up a little and add to the pan. Simmer for a further 5 to 10 minutes until the chicken, vegetables and noodles are cooked. Add a little water during cooking if needed.
- Blend the soup, or chop noodles into small pieces.
- Put quarter of the noodles in a bowl, and allow to cool a little before serving with a spoon or fork.
Sign up for emails
Get tips and advice on your baby's development, parenting and more sent to your inbox.