Trumpington Street Medical Practice

1. Review titled Positive experience

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 May 2022

The GP was kind, prompt and knowledgeable. The Medical Practice has up to date diagnostic technologies. Results were prompt and personal. Thank you.

Visited May 2022

Report review titled Positive experience as unsuitable

2. Review titled Poor Administration

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 May 2022

System is confusing and full of bureaucracy, admin staff are not incentivised to help patients and create an unwelcoming atmosphere. Otherwise excellent medical staff.

Visited April 2022

Report review titled Poor Administration as unsuitable

3. Review titled Poor

by Anonymous - Posted on 17 March 2022

Actually, I have not had a bad experience with doctors or nurses. Nobody is perfect. Consistently had issues with reception team member or members which is important since they are the initial interface with the public. Horrible experience since they are inconsiderate, unhelpful and inefficient.

Visited March 2022

Report review titled Poor as unsuitable

4. Review titled Terrible

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 October 2021

The practice is underestimating our inteligence. To start with, they refused to do some blood tests that take less than 5 minutes because they were too busy. So, they asked me to have the tests done in an external lab instead. I was calling them every day for a week to get the results, but every day they were saying that they haven't received them yet (those blood tests need to be done in 1 hour to be valid). A week later they said that they do have the results but they cannot give me the results (3 values) because they are on the doctor's inbox and they do not have access. Finally they asked me after a week of waiting, to book an urgent appointment for the next time the doctor will be in the practice (3days later). So I booked an urgent appointment at 8:30 but the doctor never called me, and when I called again just before 18:00 (they said that the doctor will call me and I should patient), but the doctor never called me. Now I have to wait probably for one more week to find the same doctor again to get my blood test results.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Terrible as unsuitable

5. Review titled Has gone downhill leaves a lot of room for improvement

by Anonymous - Posted on 24 November 2021

I have been with the practice for many years. Continue to find the receptionist very unhelpful and showing very little compassion to the patient. Difficult to get an appointment. Asked to wait for more than two months, even for urgent situations. Prone to mistakes with the paperwork and reluctant to admit problems.

Visited August 2021

Report review titled Has gone downhill leaves a lot of room for improvement as unsuitable

6. Review titled Blood test nurse was amazing

by Charlotte - Posted on 26 February 2021

The nurse I had for my blood test on the 25th of Feb was absolutely amazing. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better nurse. She completely put me at ease while I was nervous and then helped me when I started to feel faint afterwards. I didnt catch her name but she made the whole experience less frightening and somewhat enjoyable for a blood test. Thank you so much.

Visited February 2021

Report review titled Blood test nurse was amazing as unsuitable

Trumpington Street Medical Practice has not yet replied.

7. Review titled I knew more than the GP. Receptionists with bad attitude.

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 May 2021

Following a test (which I had to convince the GP to agree to) the GP was quoting vague stats rather than confidently interpreting the results. My own online research gave me more ammunition to confront the GP's layed back, mostly patronising attitude. I was underestimated and being spoken to as if I were a child while the GP was masquing the inability to be specific. The majority of the GPs in this practice are new, to which I don't object except that they are not all as good as the GPs who used to work here and who were conscientious and medically knowledgeable. Now it felt more like unwanted vague social care and reciting of over-simplistic concepts or dos/don'ts rather than informed, confident medical care. Besides all this, some of the new receptionists have a bad and overly officious attitude, a very unwelcome change from before. More than one were eager to lecture, unhelpfully recite rules, to discourage in seeking help and not following up. As receptionists are a barrier between you and a GP they should definitely be far more trained and informed than some seem to be.

Visited February 2021

Report review titled I knew more than the GP. Receptionists with bad attitude. as unsuitable

8. Review titled Could be better

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 May 2021

New place is nice, doctors are not considerate of their patients. I need frequent asthma medication, suddenly for the past year can never request repeat prescriptions, my doctor constantly finding an excuse of people abused (their system essentially given they approving all medication) and never provide a clear answer why I can never order my medication given my GP knows exactly how much and when I need it. No follow up to check for Vaccination (other practices prioritised Asthmatics) and not even bothered to send a text message that it's my turn for a vaccine based on the age criteria. Also, front desk operators are not doctors to filter who needs or not to see or speak to their Doctors! stop advising these people to make decisions on such cases else you going to be seriously liable when something go wrong.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Could be better as unsuitable

9. Review titled Excellent experience

by Charissa Varma - Posted on 29 June 2020

I just came back from having blood taken (28/06/20) at the new medical centre at Clay Farms and it was an excellent, safe, and reassuring experience. The practices and protocols in place made me feel very safe and comfortable, and the phlebotomist who greeted me and did the procedure was very professional and extremely kind. It can be very difficult to be welcoming and caring with a mask and social distancing, but she was exceptional at making me feel at ease especially since I was feeling light-headed afterwards. I admit I wasn’t looking forward to this visit, but I felt like it couldn’t have been a safer and more caring experience. Please pass on my gratitude to the staff.

Visited June 2020

Report review titled Excellent experience as unsuitable