The Miller Practice - Ratings and reviews

1. Review titled Used to be great then COVID happened

by Henrietta Lewis - Posted on 08 October 2022

I was so so happy to register here in 2018 after having been at a dreadful surgery where you had to fight hard for an appointment if you could get one at all. This surgery was wonderful - it had a daily walk in, same day appointments were possible plus you could make appointments online with a GP of your choice, often the same week. But then COVID changed everything. No more walk ins and no more online appointment booking system. It’s now econsult or trying to persuade an unfriendly receptionist that you need a same day appointment. It’s such a shame. The GPs, when you do get to see them, are great but why is it still acting as we are in the middle of a full-on lockdown? Why can’t we make appointments any more without going through time-consuming and stupid hoops? Why no walk ins any more? Why can’t it go back to how it was? I just don’t understand. It’s really upsetting.

Visited September 2022

Report review titled Used to be great then COVID happened as unsuitable

The Miller Practice has not yet replied.

2. Review titled My Doctor is amazing! Great practice.

by Sonia L - Posted on 16 March 2022

My Doctor is incredible, brilliant, knowledgeable and extremely empathetic. She is so caring and patient, I couldn’t wish for a better Doctor. The reception staff are lovely and so helpful. The Miller Practice is great.

Visited March 2022

Report review titled My Doctor is amazing! Great practice. as unsuitable

Review titled The Miller Practice

Replied on 01 December 2022

Dear Sonia Thank you for leaving such lovely comments on this site. I will pass them onto the whole team. Rebecca Wood Practice Manager

3. Review titled Fantastic service

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 September 2021

I have been a patient at this practice for many years Just been guided through the procedures for online registration by a member of the reception team who are invariably helpful supportive and put patients first.

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Fantastic service as unsuitable

The Miller Practice has not yet replied.

4. Review titled Glad to be leaving....

by ADHD medication woes - Posted on 22 March 2021

...this awful practice. The doctors and nurses are lovely but this is marred by poor reception staff. Over the last four years the administration staff have found multiple ways to fail at performing basic tasks, such as telephoning me, passing on requests to doctors and even making decisions regarding my care. This leaves me without essential daily medication. My medication is a controlled drug and I understand this does come with difficulties such as limits on prescribing amounts. However if I was going away and would be running out while I was away I would often request my prescription a week in advance from my departure. I would always state this on the request. On more than one occasion this request would not be filled because it was too soon after my previous, and based on the judgement of the reception staff, it would not be passed on to my doctor. It is deeply concerning that reception staff are making decisions regarding my care and medication. Not only was this frustrating, I have had to delay trips away while I wait for the prescription to be filled. I would not be contacted about my request being rejected, instead I would have to call the practice. There have also been countless times where my request has simply been missed, both before and after they implemented the patient access system. There have also been times where the doctor required my blood pressure before being able to issue the medication. I was often not informed of this, and again would have to find out for myself. I often dreaded requesting this medication, and have spent countless times on the phone trying to sort it out. Each time I call, I clarify that I require this medication daily, and it is essential, but the reception staff often don't seem to care or understand. It is so disappointing that even after 4 years at the practice they haven't got this right. Finally I appreciate they may have a strict catchment policy, but when changing my address, I was not told that I would no longer be registered as a patient. Instead I get a letter several days later informing me I need to find a new practice. This potential gap in healthcare provision is extremely concerning as I could be left without treatment.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Glad to be leaving.... as unsuitable

Review titled The Miller Practice

Replied on 30 March 2021

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate receiving feedback - both good and bad. If you would like to contact the surgery directly I can look into your notes and ensure that we followed the correct protocol regarding informing patients who no longer reside within the surgery's catchment area. Rebecca Wood, Practice Manager