The Miller Practice

1. Review titled Glad to be leaving....

by ADHD medication woes - Posted on 22 March 2021

...this awful practice. The doctors and nurses are lovely but this is marred by poor reception staff. Over the last four years the administration staff have found multiple ways to fail at performing basic tasks, such as telephoning me, passing on requests to doctors and even making decisions regarding my care. This leaves me without essential daily medication. My medication is a controlled drug and I understand this does come with difficulties such as limits on prescribing amounts. However if I was going away and would be running out while I was away I would often request my prescription a week in advance from my departure. I would always state this on the request. On more than one occasion this request would not be filled because it was too soon after my previous, and based on the judgement of the reception staff, it would not be passed on to my doctor. It is deeply concerning that reception staff are making decisions regarding my care and medication. Not only was this frustrating, I have had to delay trips away while I wait for the prescription to be filled. I would not be contacted about my request being rejected, instead I would have to call the practice. There have also been countless times where my request has simply been missed, both before and after they implemented the patient access system. There have also been times where the doctor required my blood pressure before being able to issue the medication. I was often not informed of this, and again would have to find out for myself. I often dreaded requesting this medication, and have spent countless times on the phone trying to sort it out. Each time I call, I clarify that I require this medication daily, and it is essential, but the reception staff often don't seem to care or understand. It is so disappointing that even after 4 years at the practice they haven't got this right. Finally I appreciate they may have a strict catchment policy, but when changing my address, I was not told that I would no longer be registered as a patient. Instead I get a letter several days later informing me I need to find a new practice. This potential gap in healthcare provision is extremely concerning as I could be left without treatment.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Glad to be leaving.... as unsuitable

Review titled The Miller Practice

Replied on 30 March 2021

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate receiving feedback - both good and bad. If you would like to contact the surgery directly I can look into your notes and ensure that we followed the correct protocol regarding informing patients who no longer reside within the surgery's catchment area. Rebecca Wood, Practice Manager

2. Review titled Flu Clinic

by Jayne - Posted on 06 October 2020

I took my 2 year old to the flu clinic today and it was brilliant! No queue, the nurse administering the nasal vaccine was so lovely, perfect set-up, and it was so quick. This was my daughter’s first time getting the flu vaccine and all my nerves were immediately gone. Truly, it could not have gone better.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Flu Clinic as unsuitable

3. Review titled Efficient, caring and all-round winderful

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 August 2020

I was very unhappy indeed with my previous surgery - impersonal, impossible to get an appointment and I avoided going there. After way too many years of substandard care I finally took the leap and moved here and my sole regret is that I didn’t do it years ago. They are absolutely wonderful from the friendly, helpful and super efficient reception/practice staff to the caring and knowledgeable GPs. I’ve been seen by various GPs here and all were fantastic. Since registering I’ve been diagnosed with MS and feel incredibly supported by them as I navigate my way through this diagnosis. They really go the extra mile in everything they do. My husband - who previously would avoid going to the doctor at all even when he needed to - is as happy as I am.

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Efficient, caring and all-round winderful as unsuitable

4. Review titled Excellent practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 July 2020

Over the seven years that I lived in Highbury, the Miller Practice was excellent on all counts. This is the best practice that I have come across while I have been living in London. The doctors are caring, they actually do follow up when they say they will, and the reception and other staff are always friendly and welcoming. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Excellent practice as unsuitable

5. Review titled Rude, Unhelpful

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

I walked in to get a new patient application and was told I lived outside of their service area and that the NHS website was incorrect. I walked to the office, I live very close. The person at the front desk, didn't bother checking where I lived on the coverage map.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Rude, Unhelpful as unsuitable

Review titled The Miller Practice

Replied on 10 October 2019

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent experience at The Miller Practice and I am sorry that you were disappointed with the service you received at the reception desk. If you would like to contact me with specific details I can investigate and consider if this is a training issue we need to address with the reception team. We are committed to providing an excellent service and would like to apologise if you feel we feel short on this occasion. Rebecca Wood, Practice Manager

6. Review titled Wonderful

by Iseult - Posted on 13 August 2019

Every doctor I have had an appointment with has been really kind, caring and generally excellent. I’ve never been made to feel rushed. The staff at reception are similarly lovely and helpful. Excellent practice, so lucky to have it on my doorstep!

Visited June 2019

Report review titled Wonderful as unsuitable