Longfield Medical Centre

1. Review titled Breath of Fresh Air

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 May 2022

After moving to Maldon some 18 months ago I was cautious about joining another practice as my previous Doctors although busy were very good. I must say so far I have been extremely impressed by the care and professionalism of this practice. Although you have to call at 8 to get an appointment you are able to request a call back which I have no problem with. The staff are both kind and courteous and it was lovely to be greeted with a smile when I had to go into the surgery for an appointment. Very happy with the service. Thank you.

Visited May 2022

Report review titled Breath of Fresh Air as unsuitable

2. Review titled Excellent first impression

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 February 2022

I moved to Longfield Surgery in November having been with another Practice in the town for over 27 years. If today's experience is anything to go by it was a very good decision. I rang the Surgery at 8 a.m., the first time I've needed an appointment, was phoned back within 10 minutes by a very pleasant, cheerful receptionist (that made a change!), then by a G.P. very shortly afterwards, who chatted to me at length. I then had a face to face appointment with him in under 2 hours. Such a professionally run Surgery, pleasant people, I was extremely impressed and I hope I'll continue to be so should I need their services in the future. Thanks Longfield.

Visited February 2022

Report review titled Excellent first impression as unsuitable

Replied on 18 May 2022

Dear Patient, The GP Partners and staff would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Any comments regarding particular members of the team will be redirected for their attention. We do apologise for the delayed response

3. Review titled Gt Dr's ,nurse's,reception staff,Pharmacy staff.

by Catherine Curran - Posted on 08 April 2022

I do have a big problem with Civil Enforcement who operate camera's at this surgery ,that refuses to acknowledge along with the Manager of this center ,about my cancer condition and the side effects of the drugs i am on, on the day in question I never entered my reg no of my car ,my mind set was focused on booking in my blood test dates needed for my on going treatment,my state of mind was surrounded with confusion,anxiety . i did mention this to the car park operator ,who's only comment was i committed a serious major event and there was no grounds for mitigation. I then asked the Manger of the surgery to show some sort of compassion and deal with this issue in short it was not her problem ,I complained to POPLA Ombudsman ,as far as they where concerned i had no case for mitigation,that rules are rules citing various codes of practice.Along with same response from Civil Enforcement. Heaven for bid anyone suffering from life threating illness omits to enter their registration no. As far as i am concerned the Manager of the center should have intervened as she should have known about the side effects of cancer drugs.

Visited January 2022

Report review titled Gt Dr's ,nurse's,reception staff,Pharmacy staff. as unsuitable

Replied on 18 May 2022

Dear patient. We are sorry for the delay in responding, however we have been unable to register on to this site. We thank you for your feedback. If you wish to write in to the surgery regarding your concerns they will be looked in to.

4. Review titled Need more Doctors + support staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 December 2021

2hrs waiting on the phone, no opening today, no call back today, no appointment tomorrow. What is the use, seems they are only able to serve 10-20% of the Community... We despirately need more docs and supporting staff! Who does the planning and hiring?

Visited December 2021

Report review titled Need more Doctors + support staff as unsuitable

5. Review titled Appalling

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 December 2021

I am utterly disgusted with the treatment, or lack of should I suggest, from this surgery; I cannot stress how disappointed I am and how let down I feel. I fully appreciate these are difficult times but the horrendous service, appalling telephone manner and disrespectful nature I have received more than once have upset me no end. I am currently searching for a new practice who may be able to actually help me.

Visited December 2021

Report review titled Appalling as unsuitable

6. Review titled Great service

by Peter Brian Manley - Posted on 22 October 2021

Fairly short wait on phone and very helpful reply from receptionist. Medication review booked and all questions answered efficiently.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Great service as unsuitable

Replied on 28 October 2021

Thank you for your comments, which are appreciated. These will be forwarded to the partners and staff at the Longfield Medical Centre

7. Review titled Bad service

by Cheryl wright - Posted on 26 September 2021

I tried to get an appointment for my elderly mother, but there was no appointments available. I was told to phone 111, they then told me to phone 999, who then said to phone 111! We then just went to a &e Broomfield, and they were fantastic. Next day we needed to speak to doctor because antibiotics that we got from hospital didn’t agree with her. Again no appointments available with doctor. So did the usual rounds with 111 and 999, and proceeded to go back to a & e to see if they could help her. They were amazing, and prescribed new antibiotics, which thankfully helped. A couple of days later my mother phoned doctors to ask for appointment, and was told she is in a waiting list and will be phoned that afternoon. She is still waiting. That was three days ago. Disgusting service. My mother is 88 years old, she has leukaemia, asthma and has a chest infection. What does she have to do to see a doctor. Keep going to a & e??

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Bad service as unsuitable

Replied on 29 September 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you have experienced difficulties if you wish to discuss this further please send a letter giving all relevant details

8. Review titled Longfield

by John Edward Mundy - Posted on 09 September 2021

I have been trying to book to see a doctor for several weeks. After getting through to the receptionist after a long wait I was informed no doctors were available and to ring at 8 pm in the morning. I asked could I book an appointment but was informed that this is not current policy. I am being treated for a medical condition that is not improving. I am concerned

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Longfield as unsuitable

Replied on 29 September 2021

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you have experienced difficulties. If you wish to discuss this further please write a letter to the practice manager.

9. Review titled Appalling

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 August 2021

Very unwell, unable to book an appointment, as none available, long wait on phone. Delay in treatment when presenting with possible cancer symptoms. Vague response to blood test results. Feel ignored. Advised by 111 that need a chest X-ray but.. how to get one? As need GP Referral..absolutely appalling service. I’ve posted this on behalf of a friend whom I’m very concerned about.

Visited August 2021

Report review titled Appalling as unsuitable

Replied on 15 August 2021

Thank you for comment, however as per GDPR we are unable to discuss patients experiences with a third party. If the patient would like to write direct to the surgery practice manager we would happy to investigate.

10. Review titled Criticism should be constructive?

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 June 2021

I have been with this surgery for many years, and have always been treated politely, in a courteous, caring, friendly yet professional manner. The care and treatments I have experienced over the years have been exemplary. Yes, there are issues with the phone system administration, but I would guess that these are a result of the booming population created by new house building and the like, coupled with a hitherto unprecedented world wide situation. Nothing is perfect. Nor should we expect it to be. So it is my belief that when we criticise, it should be constructive criticism. As stated above in one of the previous reviews, a categorised Email system in this day and age ought to be easily introduced, as this would save both patient and practice time, and could answer the needs of lower level queries and responses, and remove some of the pressure from the phone system and its handlers. Yes there are problems, and things can always be made better, but in conclusion, I can only say that I think the crew at Longfield Surgery, and Pharmacy, are pretty marvelous.

Visited June 2021

Report review titled Criticism should be constructive? as unsuitable

Replied on 27 June 2021

The Longfield Medical Centre clinicians and staff would like to thank you for your positive feedback.