Grays Inn Road Medical Practice

1. Review titled Consistently incompetent

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 April 2022

I have visited the practice a few times over the last few years and without fail there has been an admin issue, long waits for an appointment and incompetent staff. The most recent experience involved not being called or updated on test results that are abnormal and have been available at the clinic for 3 weeks. I had to call and chase. The NHS app didn’t have the results either. When organising the various tests the doctor did not explain what to do with the swabs and instead I had to ask the receptionist! For the bloods, the receptionist pointed me to a nearby hospital and said it was walk-in. It wasn’t and they weren’t happy with me for turning up. These problems predate Covid and some feel really avoidable.

Visited April 2022

Report review titled Consistently incompetent as unsuitable

2. Review titled Everything works as it should

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 April 2022

They've got an online booking system that allows you to make an appointment. If that doesn't work, you can just book through the phone lines, though like other GPs, be prepared for a wait there. The practice itself is stretched, but works.

Visited February 2022

Report review titled Everything works as it should as unsuitable

3. Review titled Impossible to get an appointment

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 March 2022

I tried for months to get an appointment, with multiple day-of cancellations. Finally saw a doctor and was told my issue could not be resolved and I would have to be seen by a private clinic. Reception staff are abrupt and unhelpful. They've also been trying to get me to come for a smear test for months, telling me that I'm behind and it's my fault. Perhaps if they didn't cancel every appointment on the day, I might have been seen by now?

Visited December 2021

Report review titled Impossible to get an appointment as unsuitable

4. Review titled Terrible service/ receptionist

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 November 2021

I was 2 minutes late for my appointment, spent another 3 minutes waiting for the receptionist to get off the phone. Receptionist then tells me that because I'm 5 minutes late for my appointment I have to reschedule. When I point out this was because I was waiting for her, she gets an attitude and tells me I should have been early. This is the last straw. They also are consistently late about sending prescriptions to pharmacies so you have to go to a pharmacy three times to check if the prescription has arrived (despite the GP confirming they have sent it off!) They haven't updated my vaccination records for Covid despite my asking a month ago. Avoid like the plague.

Visited November 2021

Report review titled Terrible service/ receptionist as unsuitable

5. Review titled Poor poor service

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 September 2021

I noticed more than two dogs in the surgery and being seen by doctors with pets in there room on a regular basis is unacceptable this is a gp surgery not a dogs home. And the manner i was treated for mentioning this was awful

Visited August 2021

Report review titled Poor poor service as unsuitable

6. Review titled Utterly disappointed

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 July 2021

Receptionists have no understanding about issues. Had one appointment changed multiple times. Rude customer service. Been a patient for years and contemplating changing practice due to the treatment from staff

Visited July 2021

Report review titled Utterly disappointed as unsuitable

7. Review titled Worlds worst GP

by michael warner - Posted on 20 May 2021

No answer to calls or emails, tried to call me once for an appointment and claimed once is multiple calls, ignores clinical concerns instead stating findings don't matter due to a completely different irrelevant scan coming back as clear.

Visited May 2021

Report review titled Worlds worst GP as unsuitable

8. Review titled Receptionists organising bogus telephone appointments

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 February 2021

On three separate occasions in the last two months, I have spoken to a receptionist who has stated I am booked in for a telephone consultation with different GPs, and yet I did not receive any calls from the GP. On each occasion when I reported the GP had not called me, no effort was made by the receptionist to apologise to me for the inconvenience, and the receptionist assumed I had made an error with regards to the timing of my telephone consultation. When I finally spoke to one of the GPs on one occasion, she seemed frustrated, and attempted to rush me off the phone before I was able to voice the issues I was concerned about, despite the fact my appointment had not overrun the allocated 10mins. Whilst I am aware the other GPs I have spoken to are friendly and keen to help, it takes a great deal of effort to get an actual telephone consultation booked by the receptionists, rather than a bogus appointment. Therefore, I would not recommend this practice if you require support or assistance regularly.

Visited February 2021

Report review titled Receptionists organising bogus telephone appointments as unsuitable

9. Review titled The Great Practice - putting patients first

by Ms S Haleema - Posted on 18 November 2020

The Doctor’s were immediately sensitive to the need and anxiety of the parent concerning their child with a head injury. The innovative offering of a choice of male or female doctors and a choice of appointment times demonstrated pragmatism and utmost care. The attending Dr was effective, utilising child appropriate techniques and attentive care to make the child feel at immediate ease. What was a traumatic experience for the child was quickly turned into a learning and healing experience. We have been patients at this surgery for decades and although there has been staff changes at all levels, the service never disappoints. A premium practice that is whole heartedly recommended.

Visited November 2020

Report review titled The Great Practice - putting patients first as unsuitable

10. Review titled Rude Reception Staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 August 2020

Called for details of appointments - receptionist seemed put out that I was calling. This is not a stand alone event - reception were rude on a 2019 visit.

Visited August 2020