Eastwick Park Medical Practice

1. Review titled Impressive care

by Caroline - Posted on 03 December 2019

I have recently had a health scare and have been very impressed by the care delivered by the practice. I know it is often difficult getting an appointment but on this occasion the receptionist took full details, got a doctor to review them and I was advised to go to A and E where various tests and a brain scan were carried out. I saw the GP two days later and was impressed that I was given plenty of time over and above the standard ten minutes. A few days later I needed blood tests and this was dealt with urgently so that the results would be back in time for my next appointment. Most impressive of all was a phone call at 7.50 last night about some drugs which I needed urgently prior to travelling to Yorkshire this morning. The doctor promised to have the prescription ready for this morning, even saying I could pick it up from 7.30am as they would be in. I know the practice is over stretched like most in the UK but it has been most reassuring to find that both doctors I have had dealings with in the last two weeks have gone out of their way to react to my needs.

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Impressive care as unsuitable

Eastwick Park Medical Practice has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Stretched beyond its limits - incredibly frustrating!

by Adam Garel - Posted on 09 August 2019

It is becoming increasingly impossible to get an appointment for any treatment that is not life threatening, within a reasonable timescale. Current;y (Aug 2019) booking 1 month+ which makes it impossible to manage ongoing conditions. Also, alternatives (late appointment slots etc.) are unclear as to what they can and can't advise on.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Stretched beyond its limits - incredibly frustrating! as unsuitable

3. Review titled Outstanding surgery

by e.g.Christine Hearne - Posted on 19 July 2019

I feel so privileged to belong to this practice. Outstanding service given this week. Within two hours of a phone call saw a nurse to remove a rose thorn from my thumb that I could not remove. The nurse was not allowed to cut the skin so another appointment was made for that very afternoon to allow a doctor to do this procedure. Relieved me of pain and risk of infection. So very grateful.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Outstanding surgery as unsuitable

4. Review titled Mediocre

by Anna Pickles - Posted on 14 November 2019

My family and I generally had a good experience being with Eastwick Park. However, this changed for me when I was recently pregnant and under the care of a consultant at the hospital for being high-risk. My consultant requested that the GP prescribe two medications and the GP prescribed a different medication for one and refused to prescribe the other one altogether. I booked an appointment to ask why and the GP insisted that the consultant had done it wrong and asked me to go back to the consultant to check and provide them with a letter of confirmation. I did so, and get the GP still wouldn't budge. I had to go 2 weeks without it as I left the country and the GP refused to give me the medication to take abroad. I then had to regularly visit the hospital in order to get my medication from them instead. I have thankfully moved out of the area now, but I wouldn't return to Eastwick Park unless I knew for sure that I could avoid the GP who caused me issues. The same GP also frequents Google to answer patient questions that they're unsure of, but claims that it's okay because they know what they're looking for. Well then why do you need to use Google in the first place?! It's a worry.

Visited May 2019

Report review titled Mediocre as unsuitable