Brighton Health and Wellbeing Centre

1. Review titled No doctors here

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 January 2021

Impossible to get an apt with a GP here. Been registered for 2yrs, only ever seen a nurse. Meant to be able to book to see a GP if login onlind from 6am, which is not easy if you are unwell and havent slept all night. Regardless, everytime i have managed a 6am login, there have been no GP apptments, only 2 nurse appt options. If you call them and say you want to see a doctor (if you are lucky enough to get through on the phone) the receptionist will tell you to try at 6am the next day online, and wont book you one, you have to keep trying at 6am each day. The system does not work for sick people, ive ended up not getting help when i need it because i know i cant get it here when i need it, end up suffering in silence. The nurses are lovely when they see you, but if one registers at a GP practice, and wants to see a GP, that should be possible once in a while, but its not here. Appreciate the need to triage, the nurses are great, lovely, im sure there are many cases where seeing a nurse is sufficient, but ive been wanting to see a GP for 2 yrs and its not been possible when ive tried, that to me, does not seem right. I cant be the only one experiencing this issue at this surgery, it needs to be addressed.

Visited January 2021

Report review titled No doctors here as unsuitable

Brighton Health and Wellbeing Centre has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Excellent practice

by Lucy - Posted on 07 December 2020

I came in for a blood test, that I booked on the app. The whole experience was great! It was easy to book and staff were welcoming and friendly when I arrived. I am new to this surgery so wasn't sure where to go and everyone was really helpful.

Visited December 2020

Report review titled Excellent practice as unsuitable

Replied on 07 December 2020

Dear Lucy, Welcome to our GP practice. I am glad that you found the app easy to use and the staff friendly. You can also book appointments via our website, where you will find information about other services we provide. Thank you for your great review!

3. Review titled step ahead

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 December 2020

I am needing to use GP services more than ever before and BHWC makes this easier than I have encountered before at other practices. They always seem to be one step ahead in what I need!

Visited November 2020

Report review titled step ahead as unsuitable

Replied on 21 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have been working extremely hard during these difficult times and we really appreciate any feedback we can share with the team to encourage everyone to continue providing the best service possible. I am so glad to hear that you feel you have been looked after. Wishing you the best during the festive season.

4. Review titled Never get back to you if you miss a call

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 November 2020

The practice is basically runs online now or via phone. If you make an appointment they phone you but if you miss that phone call they never contact you again. As well paid middle class professionals who can afford to keep mobile phones topped up and or pay for a landline they don’t think that perhaps people might only be able to receive incoming calls as they can’t afford to top up a mobile phone or pay a landline bill. Pretty shocking really and when covid19 is over and the government investigation re how the NHS coped there will be lots of excess death that is not covid19 related because people can’t access the service they usually use in a timely manner.

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Never get back to you if you miss a call as unsuitable

Replied on 22 December 2020

Sorry to hear your experience was less than 5-stars. If you’re open to discussing your experience further, please call/email us at 01273772020/bhwc@nhs.net

5. Review titled Very polite and professional, and competent practice.

by Richard Albright - Posted on 21 December 2020

Called in to make appointment for 'flu jab, and immediately was asked whether I'd have it then and there. I did. Friendly and competent nurse. Your surgery has wonderful 'back-up' with the pharmacists. I'm not allowed to name them, but they know who they are ! They contacted me re my blood pressure some months ago, because I'd has side effects from the medicine I'd been prescribed. Straight away I was prescribed a different medication. I was phoned after a month or so to check to see how I was 'getting on' with the new pills. Again, I had unpleasant side effects, so again the pills were changed, and now I'm absolutely fine. What I appreciate is the fact that the pharmacist followed up when they said they would, remaining patient, polite and professional throughout, giving one confidence in them. They are a credit to your operation !

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Very polite and professional, and competent practice. as unsuitable

Replied on 22 December 2020

Dear Richard, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

6. Review titled Concerned re post covid19 Experience Econsult.

by Kit Read - Posted on 10 July 2020

I have always had good care from this practice but post covid19 and the practice stopping face to face appointments and them being triaged via econsult I have some concerns after my experience of this. I am on a medication and have had side affects. In the past the Dr told me to contact them if I had these side affects . I did this via the Econsultation form. ( by the way the practice website is now just hideously bad in terms of usability ) it is so busy with so many different types of contact here and there that I expect many find it hard to navigate now. I filled my form in and waited for a response I got a phone call that I missed and a voice message left. I phoned back within a couple of hours and was told the person dealing with this was busy but would call me back. They didn’t call back then after another few hours so I called again. Slightly abrupt receptionist said I was on their list for a call back. No call has come. I filled this form in on Tuesday the 7 th and it is now 3 days and I haven’t had a response to my initial concerns. I have access to my notes and saw online that an annotation that a failed contact and message left on answer phone was added To my notes but no notes re me calling back 2 times to chase this up. This concerns me greatly as if I did have a problem from not being contacted it would look like I failed to chase this up which I have attempted to do so. All contacts from me to the surgery should be noted on my patient record and if this hasn’t happened it is deeply concerning. So what can I do? I have filled in the form I have chased up after the first missed phone call I can’t really do anything else so I am in limbo. I am ok with technology and cogent of the need to chase a response up but I expect there are many patients at the practice who are not. Covid19 is an unprecedented health crisis but I think that this model of change to a complete No face to face appointments unless triaged is not really acceptable or it seems not to have worked for me anyway. As a patient I feel disenfranchised of the ability to have the care that best suites me. I hope the practice returns to a more normal model of patient care soon but I doubt this will happen. I might just be unlucky and perhaps this is working for the majority but for me I don’t like this but I have zero options as this seems to be the only way to access primary health care at present. My main concern though is how 2 contacts from me to the practice have not been recorded in my clinical notes this should never happen and is very worrying form a professionalism view. Notes should always be contemporaneous and yet this don’t happen twice. This needs addressing as a matter of urgency by the practice manager.

Visited July 2020

Report review titled Concerned re post covid19 Experience Econsult. as unsuitable

Replied on 26 December 2020

Dear Kit, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review which helps us to evaluate our processes. I want to let you know that we are now in the process of making changes to our website to make it more user friendly; as you can imagine we have not updated it lately as it has not been a priority during the pandemic and caring for our patients. Following your review, we have reminded the reception team of our policy to record all calls from patients in the patient journal. This will now be monitored by the reception team leaders. I am very sorry to hear that you were not contacted about your medical concern. I have tried to have a look for your records but I assume you are registered at our practice under a different name so I was unable to access your records. Please do email us at bhwc@nhs.net with your registered name so I can look into how we can improve our services. Regards, BHWC

7. Review titled Very Patient!

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 July 2020

I registered with this practice after moving and several recommendations by friends and family. I have been with Brighton Health and Wellbeing centre for 1 month and i have absolutely NOTHING but good things to say. I am currently going through my first private IVF treatment which involved me having to have blood tests carried out - the surgery and receptionists have been nothing but patient and gracious with me during what was a very stressful time personally and a very stressful time worldwide! The nurse I've seen has also been so polite and kind to me. Much better than any doctors surgery I've had in Brighton. Thank you to all the staff for working so hard and being so sweet.

Visited June 2020

Report review titled Very Patient! as unsuitable

Replied on 22 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you felt looked after and we have been patient, gracious, polite and sweet! We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at Brighton Health and Wellbeing Centre.

8. Review titled Very good experience as always

by Kit Read - Posted on 06 December 2019

Had to see the Dr at short notice as became unwell. You can book a Doctors appointment from 6 am online which works very well for me normally around 8/10 slots available for that day bookable online or phone after 8am. Today I saw a locum Dr they were every bit as good and as kind as any other permanent dr I have seen at the practice. I used to move around a lot for work myself working in the NHS so have been registered with many Drs surgeries over the years likely 20 or so. I think this is in the top 2 or 3 In that time. The absolute best was in Cupar in fife a poly clinic surgery , but this surgery is really very good as well. Thank you for being a good surgery and responsive to patients needs.

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Very good experience as always as unsuitable

Replied on 06 December 2019

Thanks Kit! We really appreciate your positive comment. I will be sure to let the doctor you refer to know what you have said. Regards Gary Mobile: 07552234543

9. Review titled Very Caring

by David S - Posted on 29 October 2020

BHWC have been very effective, kind, caring & great at communication with me during this difficult time for all of us. All of the Staff, my GP the Nurses & Administration have done everything they can to keep me going. I just hope they're taking care of themselves & getting support from the local & central government & the other patients treat them with the respect they richly deserve.

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Very Caring as unsuitable

Replied on 22 December 2020

Dear David, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you also for acknowledging the fact that that we have worked hard to ensure all our patients feel cared for. This is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at Brighton Health and Wellbeing Centre.

10. Review titled Impossible to see Dr

by Mike - Posted on 27 August 2019

Terrible experience with this surgery. After days of frustratingly trying to get an appointment, Getting fobbed of by young clueless receptionists. I ask for Dr appointment and the book me in with a nurse and don't even tell me not a dr! Then the nurse says cant help me as I need to see a Dr!! I go to reception told I have to try again tomorrow going online at 6am, And guess what when I do only Nurse appointments. They never have doctors on its a joke.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Impossible to see Dr as unsuitable

Replied on 27 August 2019

Hello, Sorry! We have had some absence this week due to illness. Please call me on my mobile and I'll book you in with a GP. Regards Gary mobile: 07552234543