Health services you can access online
If you are registered with a GP surgery, you can access some health services online.
You may be able to:
- contact your GP, nurse or other healthcare professional for advice and support
- order repeat prescriptions – find out how to order a repeat prescription
- view your GP health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
How to use online health services
1. Find out which providers you can use
Check your GP surgery's website to find out what services are available online and which providers you can use.
They should tell you if you can choose from more than 1 provider.
Find your GP surgery's website
2. Choose a provider
If there is only 1 online health services provider you can use, visit their website or download their app.
If you can choose from more than 1 provider, visit the websites of the different providers to find out what they offer.
Some apps and websites let you order a repeat prescription and use a pharmacy of your choice. Some pharmacies have branded apps and websites. If you use one, they will become your regular pharmacy for prescriptions.
Some providers let you register online using NHS login. You may want to think about how you register when choosing a provider.
Hey Pharmacist (repeat prescriptions only)
LloydsDirect (repeat prescriptions only)
Nurturey (pregnancy and child health) – currently only available in London
All online health service providers
3. Register to use online health services
To use online health services, you need to register and prove who you are. There are 2 ways to do this.
Prove who you are online
With some online health service providers, you can prove who you are online using NHS login.
To prove who you are you need to:
- Take a photo of your ID (passport, UK or EU driving licence, or European national identity card) using your phone.
- Record a short video of your face while you say 4 numbers, or use your camera to scan your face.
You can use your NHS login to register with more than 1 provider.
Use details from your GP surgery
You can register for all online health service providers using details from your GP surgery.
You'll need to:
- Prove who you are. You may be able to do this over the phone. If not, they'll give you advice about what to do.
- Fill in the short registration form they send you.
- Log in using the registration details and instructions they send you.
You can use these details to:
- register with more than 1 online health service provider
- create an NHS login if you cannot prove who you are online