Well man clinics offer a range of health checks for men. Some NHS GP surgeries or hospitals offer well man clinics, but many are private.
You'll have to pay for tests at a private clinic, which can be expensive.
A well man clinic isn't a replacement for your GP. If you're ill or need medical advice, see your GP.
What health checks do well man clinics offer?
The range of tests and health checks may vary between clinics, but any of the following may be assessed:
- your lifestyle, including diet, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- medical history
- weight and height
- blood pressure
- a urine test for diabetes or kidney infection
- hearing and vision
- lung function
- an electrocardiogram (ECG) to check for heart problems
- a chest X-ray, if you're a heavy smoker
- advice on cancers that can affect men such as testicular or prostate cancer
Read the answers to more questions about men's health.
Page last reviewed: 28 February 2019
Next review due: 28 February 2022