COVID 19 Hygiene Audit (May 2020)
Overall Hygiene Score: 89.5%
Following our hygiene audit, this is a summary of our report.
Things to improve:
- Social distancing inside the pharmacy (shop & dispensing) - this had been addressed and we now have social distancing markers in the shop for patients; as well as a limit of TWO customers at any one time, plus social distancing markers in the dispesary for the staff and delivery drivers.
- PPE for staff - all staff now wear PPE as required by law.
Things we did well:
- Signage in the shop and windows.
- Maintaining the 2-meter rule in the shop and dispensary.
- One way system for both customers and staff.
- Hand sanitizing station available for customers, plus stations in the dispesary for staff.
- Regular cleaning (every 30 minutes) on a rota, which is completed and maintained daily.
- Cleaning products available at each station to prevent transfer of infection.
- Encouraging contactless payments where possible.
- Safe disposal of returned medication, including a quarantine period.
- Safe procedures for the delivery of medicines from wholesalers.
- Safe procedures for delivery of medicine to patients, including isolating and sheilding patients where a contactless delivery is performed, according to our company procedures.
- Encouraging the use of PPE to our customers for their safety and the safety of our staff.
Last updated on 20 January 2021.
Back to top