If you have been referred to a hospital or clinic through the NHS e-Referral Service, booking your appointment online is easy, safe and secure.
- the booking reference number stated on your booking letter
- the password or access code you were given by the person or organisation that referred you (for example, your GP practice)
If you have been referred but do not have your booking reference number or a password or access code, contact the person or organisation that referred you.
You can also use the "Start now" button to:
- check your appointment details
- change your appointment
- cancel your appointment
- cancel your referral
How to choose your hospital or clinic
In some cases, you'll have more than 1 clinic or hospital to choose from. The list of options will be the same if you book online or over the phone.
Before you select your clinic and appointment slot, consider all the options.
- How long do I have to wait for my first appointment?
- How quickly can I start my treatment?
- How far away is the hospital or clinic?
In most cases, you have the legal right to choose the hospital or service you'd like to go to.
This will include many private hospitals, as long as they provide services to the NHS.
What to do if you have not been referred yet
If you want to be seen at a hospital or clinic, you'll need to speak to a GP.
They'll help you decide what care is best for you and make any necessary referrals.
How your data is used
Page last reviewed: 20 April 2017
Next review due: 20 April 2020