The York Hospital

1. Review titled Ward 17 is fabulous

by K.Lythgoe - Posted on 01 May 2022

Can not thank the staff enough they was amazing with my little boy. The care and kindness they went above and beyond. Took there time and just made me and my 10 month old feel so safe.

Visited Children's & Adolescent Services on April 2022

Report review titled Ward 17 is fabulous as unsuitable

Replied on 09 May 2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us, we value all of the feedback that we receive. If is really heartening to hear that you feel the care that you received from Ward 17 was fabulous and that the staff there took the time to make you and your little boy feel so safe. Kind regards

2. Review titled Very efficient and friendly

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 April 2022

I arrived a bit early for a mammogram but was seen straight away. All staff were friendly, professional and approachable. I was finished even before the start time of my appointment.

Visited Breast cancer services on April 2022

Report review titled Very efficient and friendly as unsuitable

Replied on 21 April 2022

Thank you for leaving this kind feedback regarding the experience you had attending York Hospital for your mammogram. It is great to hear that your experience of the service and our staff was so positive and swift.

3. Review titled Fantastic service

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 April 2022

Wanted to leave a positive review for my experience at the breast clinic today. Every single staff that I came in contact with was so lovely, through from booking, to examination, to the radiography ultrasound, to the biopsy. Thank you for all being so kind and compassionate throughout, you are doing a fantastic job.

Visited Breast cancer services on April 2022

Report review titled Fantastic service as unsuitable

Replied on 09 May 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience of the care that you received, we really value all the feedback that we receive. It is really heartening to hear that you feel you were treated with kindness and compassion throughout your visit to the breast clinic and that all the staff you met were 'so lovely'. Kind regards

4. Review titled Disappointed with A & E

by D W York Visitor - Posted on 12 May 2022

I went to A & E on the 30th April 22 AT 7.30 am approx. for concern over possible DVT. Four hours later I was sent to "Out of hours GP" section as I was told I would be seen quicker. I am 76 a visitor to York and received no guidance as to what to do when I got there, just left to it. I managed to speak to a nurse who told me that the out of hours clinic had opened at 10.00am and there was a substantial wait. I said this is not right as I had been in the hospital 4.5 hours already, she arranged for a sister to come from A & E to explain further why it was better for me there, but she would have a word with the doctor to move me up the queue. I made a further four attempts to get seen, all staff were kind and considerate, however it made no difference and I finally got seen about 3.00pm Three and a half hours after I left A & E and left the hospital at about 3.30pm some EIGHT hours from when I was checked in at A & E. As I said the staff were helpful and the doctor was fine but there is no excuse for someone to be put through EIGHT hours of waiting under ANY circumstances. My medical diagnosis was good but my experience sadly was not.

Visited Accident and emergency services on April 2022

Report review titled Disappointed with A & E as unsuitable

The York Hospital has not yet replied.

5. Review titled Dismissive practitioner

by L Thomas - Posted on 20 April 2022

I went to the hospital for tests at the recommendation of two seperate GPs. The practitioner dismissed me after an initial examination and didn't do any of the additional tests I had been referred for. I appreciate their experience, but it was a pretty patronising experience that didn't actually give any additional information or peace of mind.

Visited Breast cancer services on April 2022

Report review titled Dismissive practitioner as unsuitable

Replied on 09 May 2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us, we value all of the feedback that we receive. I am very sorry to hear that you feel you had a patronising experience which didn't give you any additional information or peace of mind. I also note that you feel that additional tests were not undertaken. Unfortunately, due to Care Opinion being anonymous I can't raise this within the Trust on your behalf, but if you are interested in having this looked at please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison service on; pals@york.nhs.uk or 01904 726262

6. Review titled Waste of time

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 March 2022

Came into a&e by ambulance with chest pain & high blood pressure. Was seen quickly on arrival had ecg & blood tests. Waited around no one checked up on me. Seen 5 hours later to be told nothing wrong with me. Still in pain nothing done.

Visited Accident and emergency services on March 2022

Report review titled Waste of time as unsuitable

Replied on 21 April 2022

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience attending York Hospital. I am very sorry to hear that it was negative in the way that you describe. As this feedback is anonymous, should you wish us to investigate the issue further, I would invite you to contact our PALS team on 01904 726262, as they will be able to assist. Either way, I do hope you feel better soon.

7. Review titled Brilliant service

by R.Naylor - Posted on 19 March 2022

I would like to say thanks to the staff members of the vaccination hub who gave me the opportunity to be vaccinated in a safe environment. Due to vaccine allergies this was not possible otherwise. This team were all so reassuring and efficient and went above and beyond in helping everyone.

Visited Don't know on March 2022

Report review titled Brilliant service as unsuitable

Replied on 30 March 2022

Thank you for leaving this kind and encouraging feedback. It is always wonderful to hear about such positive experiences, and that you felt the team who cared for you were reassuring and dedicated. We are grateful for you taking the time to share your story with us.

8. Review titled Friendly and Efficient

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 March 2022

Fast tracked by my Gp to Dermatology. Reception staff friendly, helpful and cheery. Seen by two Doctors and again efficient and helpful. This is a very busy department but staff were excellent and quickly arranged a follow up appointment to have minor surgery over the next few weeks.

Visited Dermatology on March 2022

Report review titled Friendly and Efficient as unsuitable

Replied on 21 March 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experiences of the care that you received from the Dermatology department in York hospital. It is really heartening to hear that you feel the staff were friendly, helpful, cheery and excellent and that you had a follow up appointment arranged quickly. Kind regards

9. Review titled Wonderful sleep dept

by John Powell - Posted on 22 March 2022

Since being with york sleep clinic for a number of months I have found all staff brilliant caring and so supportive with my treatment your all so kind thank you soooo much Regards John Powell

Visited Sleep Medicine on March 2022

Report review titled Wonderful sleep dept as unsuitable

Replied on 30 March 2022

Hi John, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is great to hear that your experience with the Sleep Clinic and all of its staff has been so positive. I will make sure to pass your comments to the relevant team, who will be delighted to read them.

10. Review titled Really efficient and friendly staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 March 2022

I was understandably very nervous but every member of the team at every test and consultation greeted me with their name and a smile and were very friendly and reassuring. The outcome was not as positive as I had expected/hoped but I was reassured by the competence and efficiency of everyone involved that I was in the right place and will be getting the most appropriate treatment for myself as an individual. I’d like to thank every member of staff at the Marigold Centre for their kindness and understanding at what is a distressing situation for many people.

Visited Breast cancer services on March 2022

Report review titled Really efficient and friendly staff as unsuitable

Replied on 21 March 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences of the treatment that you received in York Hospital. It is heartening to know that, even though the outcome was not as you had hoped, you feel as though you were in the right place to be getting the most appropriate treatment for yourself. It is lovely to hear that your feel every member of the team greeted you with a smile and were friendly and reassuing. Your thanks will be shared. Kind regards