The Lea Surgery

1. Review titled Diabetes diagnosis

by correspondencezb48 - Posted on 11 July 2022

Thought I had diabetes but it turns out I don't. I spoke to the doctor. She was very reassuring and helpful.

Visited July 2022

Report review titled Diabetes diagnosis as unsuitable

2. Review titled Telephone appointment

by piscesnq53 - Posted on 04 June 2022

I had a telephone appointment about restarting some medication. The nurse was very knowledgeable and very helpful

Visited June 2022

Report review titled Telephone appointment as unsuitable

3. Review titled great practice

by joseph kurian - Posted on 17 May 2022

i get appointments very easily medication no problem all staff especially nurses and doctors are very helpful

Visited May 2022

Report review titled great practice as unsuitable

Replied on 25 May 2022

Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback. We make great endeavours to provide access to appointments to clinicians, who listen to and meet your needs. This is delivered in a friendly and timely manner. Your feedback is very much appreciated by the team at the surgery.

4. Review titled Great practice with fantastic access

by CROH - Posted on 12 March 2022

Always easy to get through and get an appointment at this practice. Open 7 days a week which is incomparable service. Highly recommended to friends and family

Visited March 2022

Report review titled Great practice with fantastic access as unsuitable

Replied on 21 March 2022

Thank you for your feedback. We work with many stakeholders to develop and enhance the services we provide to our patients at the surgery. Much has changed within Primary Care within the past 18-24 months; as surgery, we have had to embrace the changing environment and adapt accordingly. Patient feedback, positive or otherwise, is key to determining if we are delivering a better service. Again, thank you for your feedback.

5. Review titled Lucky to be registered with Lea Surgery

by PNS - Posted on 04 April 2022

It is with great pleasure I am giving this feedback. I am very happy with the care I receive at Lea Surgery. My GP is very knowledgeable, listens patiently, provides sounds advice, and involves me in decisions about my treatment. I have been able to see the see the same GP most of the time. This has provided continuity of care. At times, I have consulted other doctors. Over the years, I have seen lot of positive changes in the Surgery and these changes have made this Surgery, one amongst the best. I have heard from friends about the difficulties they faced regarding their GP surgery: e.g unable to get an appointment for several days/weeks; must call in the morning for appointment, but phone rings and rings but not picked up; must wait for up to 2 weeks to see a GP; seeing different GP’s each time. My experience at Lea Surgery has been different. Generally, I have not had difficulty to get through to the ‘Reception’ by phone, nor to arrange an appointment with the doctor. The reception staff have always been cordial and helpful. Appointments have been available on the same day or the next day. This Surgery is open 7 days a week, which is a boon. Results etc can be checked through online service provided. The Pharmacist has been helpful in answering questions on medication and explains about possible side effects of new medication. The Nurse Practitioners are knowledgeable and provide good advice in their field of expertise. Asthma checks, Diabetes checks and advice on management are given as needed The health care assistants do a great job and makes life easier as samples (bloods and urine) are taken at the surgery, thereby avoiding having to go to the hospital for the same The Plus Points about Lea Surgery: Clean premises and committed staff Knowledgeable and caring professional staff; Treated me with dignity, and respect Hardly any difficulty in getting appointments Open 7 days a week Able to see the same doctor, if needed. Enables continuity of care Availability of online services I have witnessed lot of improvements over the years. The document in the waiting area ‘you said it we did It’, mentions about changes which patients wanted and which were implemented in the Surgery I consider myself lucky in being with Lea Surgery and do not have any hesitation in recommending people who have had problems with their GP surgeries, to the Lea Surgery

Visited March 2022

Report review titled Lucky to be registered with Lea Surgery as unsuitable

Replied on 09 June 2022

Thank you for the feedback on the many aspects of the surgery. Your feedback acknowledges all that we endeavour to do to meet the needs of our patients and it is very much appreciated by all of the staff at the surgery. During the COVID pandemic, the surgery has had to be agile in delivering its services in an environment where there has been constant fluctuation and uncertainty. Because of the above, we have reviewed how we interact with the patient and how the patient interacts with the surgery to deliver services for both the patient and staff at the surgery, in a safe environment. We have, and continue, to work tirelessly to ensure that we embrace the changing environment in which we work. We will continue to listen to and be led by our patients. Thank you again for your feedback.

6. Review titled Excellent team at the Lea Surgery

by K and A Coles - Posted on 26 November 2021

Our family has been registered at the Lea Surgery for many years now. We have always found reception staff very helpful and polite, and have never had to wait more than a few days for a GP or Nurses appointment. Since the Covid-19 pandemic hit over the past 18 months, many surgeries in Hackney and elsewhere have pushed their patients to register online and manage all appointments in this way. This has not been our experience at all with the Lea Surgery. We sometimes have to wait a little longer than usual on the phone or call back if they are very busy, but we have always managed to speak to someone and to have a satisfactory response to whatever issue we raised, and again, we have either had a telephone conversation within 24 hours or face to face appointment with a GP within 72 hours, pretty impressive given waiting times elsewhere. We've also been very satisfied with the referral system, hospital appointments have been available pretty quickly. Also just to mention, they are one of the few surgeries in Hackney open 7 days a week.

Visited November 2021

Report review titled Excellent team at the Lea Surgery as unsuitable

Replied on 06 April 2022

Thank you for your feedback. Much has changed within Primary Care within the past 18-24 months; as surgery, we have had to embrace the changing environment and adapt accordingly. Patient feedback, positive or otherwise, is key to determining if we are delivering a better service. Again, thank you for your feedback.

7. Review titled Great practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 November 2021

Helpful, approachable, attentive, very quick with response. I appreciate the efficient service that I received

Visited November 2021

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

Replied on 06 April 2022

8. Review titled Disappointing

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 October 2021

I have been a patient of this surgery for many years. I don’t often need the surgery as I’m very fit. During a period of stress and anxiety I felt the need to contact, so requested a phone consultation. I’m still waiting and it’s now two weeks and still no one has contacted me. Very disappointed. Thankfully I’ve survived; someone else may not have done.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Disappointing as unsuitable

9. Review titled Compassionate Team and Beautiful Surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2021

I have been with the Surgery for many years and have seen so much improvement with the Surgery. The Surgery is looking very Beautiful with plants and the hygiene is very good clean and feel comfortable around the surroundings. There are compassionate staffs that take the time to listen and support you. There only area for me is the time it took sometimes for you to get through on a telephone call but overall there are big improvement at the Surgery

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Compassionate Team and Beautiful Surgery as unsuitable

10. Review titled Impressive Practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 September 2021

I was called earlier than many other people in my health bracket (vulnerable) for my flu jab. The drop-in, no appointment service took about 25 minutes in all as there were other people waiting in queue. Really impressed at a) being called in September - a month early and b) the speed at which we were all treated

Visited September 2021