Redgate Medical Centre

1. Review titled Awful staff very rude

by Graham Granter - Posted on 17 May 2022

Waited three weeks for telephone consultation Was told it would be some time after 2pm Waited until 4.45 proper out to garage quickly But missed call called the surgery and was told That I had been crossed off the list for doctor To phone again because they are far to busy.do not Understand what is happening to this practice? It was always one of the best now would think it is the worst Need new staff very quickly

Visited May 2022

Report review titled Awful staff very rude as unsuitable

2. Review titled Poor practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 April 2022

I was moved to Redgate following my GP Practice closing. Since I have moved I needed to talk to someone on two occasions and on both times I've been let down. The first time I filled in a form on the NHS app as I was feeling a bit down, a nurse called and prescribed my anti depressants and was told they would call back in 3 weeks - I never received a follow up call. When I called them, the receptionist had to do a review - I have since stopped taking them! I called 111 because of an issue, spoke to a lovely Nurse who said they would refer me to my Dr to have bloods taken to find the cause, and that I would receive a call the next day. The next day came and no call! I phoned the surgery to be told I was on the list... still no call came. In my opinion all of my symptoms are leading me back to being peri-menopausal... all I need is a blood test to confirm. This surgery isn't giving me the time of day! If I am wrong, I could have a serious problem. I don't even have to see a Dr, a nurse will be fine or even a HCA... In my opinion this surgery does not care about it's patients. It's sad and disappointing.

Visited April 2022

Report review titled Poor practice as unsuitable

3. Review titled Not fit for purpose

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 September 2021

Phoned practice for appointment with GP as advised on last appointment to be given results. Told no appointment's available and to phone back next time GP was in surgery , let receptionist know that it had taken me 1 hour 40 minutes to get through (This is now normal) and doctor had told me to ring him for results so could an appointment be made, answer was no and I would have to clog phone line again in three days time to try for a consultation. This way of working is not good for Patient or Practice as hours are being spent with no result Corvid being used as an excuse. Most people only ask for appointment because they are ill so the GP being the first port of call should be easy not a mountain to climb. NHS is no longer fit for purpose in my opinion.

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Not fit for purpose as unsuitable

Redgate Medical Centre has not yet replied.

4. Review titled Rude, unprofessional and uncaring reception staff!

by Kelly Moon - Posted on 24 May 2021

I called redgate to see if they were accepting new patients and had some questions for them. The receptionist was shockingly rude! She belittled me and chastised me for using the 111 service whilst my partner was in between registering at a new doctors and without medication. I ended the call in tears after asking why the receptionist was being so rude to me when I was looking for help and support. I had to end the call as I was so upset....my partner called back to ask to speak to the practice manager to which the rude receptionist refused! We asked for complaints details and have checked these on their website before continuing with a formal complaint. Someone could be calling with mental health issues like myself and the way I was spoken to really upset me when I called asking for advise and was polite and thankful. Shame on you redgate! Please get rid of that awful woman and do right by your patients and potential patients. This should not be tolerated.

Visited May 2021

Report review titled Rude, unprofessional and uncaring reception staff! as unsuitable

5. Review titled Awful practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 October 2020

I have had many bad experiences with this doctors. Receptionists are rude and unprofessional. Can't get a appointment for many weeks most times. I have a bad infection haven't been seen by a doctor prescribed me antibiotics over the phone and 2 weeks later infection is still here phoned them and told to phone back at 8am next day. Will be changing my doctor's surgery feel let down absolutely useless and been left with this pain

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Awful practice as unsuitable

6. Review titled Poor gp practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 August 2020

Do not go ! I’ve been left for days with paid because they told me it was due to stress waiting for a whole day for a call back to be told antibiotics won’t do anything but I will give you some . Very bad mouthed and talk to you in a very bad manor . I also suffer from Mental heath to be told by them I’m fine I got though postnatal depression so I will be fine . My son went due to screaming all night they told me he was fine so we asked for another opinion and then rushed to hospital with suspected meningitis! Avoid at all cost they just seem to care about they pay check rather than peoples health and well being !

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Poor gp practice as unsuitable

Redgate Medical Centre has not yet replied.

7. Review titled Great practice!

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 August 2020

Such a friendly practice offering great service! I have recently moved to the area and I cannot thank this practice enough for restoring my faith in this NHS practice it is such a refreshing change to my other surgery who had no customer service at all and everything was a problem for them. From phoning up to speak to very attentive and friendly reception staff at redgate each and every time I have called up to seeing the nurse today who was very professional, friendly and informative! Even in the middle of the pandemic I felt very safe and relaxed here with the measures in place and I cannot praise the staff and practice enough!

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Great practice! as unsuitable