Maywood Health Care Centre - Ratings and reviews

1. Review titled Great practice

by Jekaterina Cernomorec - Posted on 22 December 2022

I would like to say a big thank you for everyone in this gp practice. Staff always polite and friendly. Thank you very much for doing such a great job. Me and my family so lucky to have a GP practice like you. Thank you for your kindness.

Visited November 2022

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

Replied on 03 January 2023

So kind of you to take the time to send this positive review - we have shared this with the team - thank you so much :-)

2. Review titled Helpful, friendly, efficient, respectful.

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 July 2022

I had to take my elderly mother (with early stage dementia) in for two appointments. One to have a blood test, which she hates, and one for a GP appointment. Firstly the receptionist managed to book the appointments one after the other, secondly the phlebotomist was wonderful with Mum, talked to her, not to me over her, and put her at her ease so much she hardly noticed the needle. And last but not least the GP was so considerate and respectful of Mum, again, talking to her not over her to me, making sure she understood and was happy with the proposed treatment etc. She really made Mum feel included in the discussion not just the subject of it. M has retained much more of the information and experience because of that.

Visited July 2022

Report review titled Helpful, friendly, efficient, respectful. as unsuitable

Maywood Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

3. Review titled Outstanding Team

by Miss Teresa Meehan - Posted on 21 February 2023

I would like to thank all of the Team at the Surgery for all the Help and Support I received throughout 2022 following a series of prolonged illness. When I telephoned the Surgery I found the Reception Staff to be so kind and helpful and I thank all of you. To all within the Medical Team who I either saw, or talked to ,thank you for all the ongoing support, and empathy you showed me through such a terrible Year.I am so grateful that I am a Patient at Maywood.You are an Outstanding Team.

Visited March 2022

Report review titled Outstanding Team as unsuitable

Replied on 23 February 2023

Thank you so much for your feedback. This has been shared with the team this morning and has made us smile. With kind regards Tracey (Managing Partner)

4. Review titled Insensitive of those with hidden disabilities

Rated 1 star out of 5

by Simon jones - Posted on 29 March 2022

I suffer from hidden disabilities which prevent me from wearing a mask. Last two times I was forced to wear a mask by the staff here, it triggered my existing medical conditions which resulted in hospital treatment for myself overnight. The staff don’t care if I have an exemption badge or a lanyard. Their policy is “no mask, no service” which I think is wrong. It’s got to the point now where I am not wanting to seek medical help from my doctor as I cannot deal with the stress and outcome of being forced to wear a mask. I would much rather stay home and get better myself and self medicate. Doctors surgeries are supposed to help people. This one triggers my existing conditions and puts me in hospital due to their blanket policies which don’t take into account the personal needs of individuals.

Visited March 2022

Report review titled Insensitive of those with hidden disabilities as unsuitable

Replied on 31 March 2022

Dear Mr Jones Thank you for your feedback. We would like to discuss this further with you but have been unable to find your details based on the information provided. As a practice we are very keen to keep the surgery a safe environment for all and we actively encourage mask wearing. Some people with lanyards are able to tolerate masks or visors for short periods of time, so we ask the question. We also have a variety of procedures in place to help provide a service to those unable to tolerate or refuse to wear a mask. Including bringing admin items out to the car park area and seeing patients via an alternative entrance to keep contact with other patients and staff to a minimum. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to email in on CWSCCG.Maywood-Surgery@nhs.net and we will arrange a phone discussion.

5. Review titled Amazing practice

by Maureen - Posted on 25 May 2021

Every visit I have made to this surgery leaves me feeling so lucky to have such excellent care. The receptionists are kind and helpful, the nurses and doctors actually listen and never rush you. I feel I have had the the best possible treatment and service from Maywood. Thank you so much, Maureen

Visited May 2021

Report review titled Amazing practice as unsuitable

Replied on 27 May 2021

Thank you for taking the time to feed this back Maureen. Lovely to read - we have shared with the team

6. Review titled My annual review

by Nicola CrundwellFoster - Posted on 09 June 2021

Pharmacist at my 9.30 am review was EXCELLENT having a 30 min appt. Meant I was able to be fully informed and shown the way forward

Visited May 2021

Report review titled My annual review as unsuitable

Replied on 14 June 2021

Lovely to have your feedback - thank you It will be shared with the relevant staff and kept (anonymised) in our positive feedback folder.

7. Review titled Excellent Practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 July 2021

I have been attending this practice for many years and find it excellent as stated above. I should also like to point out that the implementation of services as we move forward has been so much more convenient. The latest service that I have received was with a member of the muscular skeletal team based at the surgery. Which saved me the long wait for a referral for a hospital appointment whilst in pain and the appointment held at the GP practice quite easily sorted out my problem with a couple of appointments. I feel this to be an invaluable service which will help all generations. Whether it be a sporting injury or for the older generation. Saving doctors and other related staff time

Report review titled Excellent Practice as unsuitable

Replied on 12 July 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Your comments will be shared at the Healthcare Team meeting today and with the MSK team during the week. Very much appreciated Thank you