Dorridge Surgery

1. Review titled Telephone system is poor

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 May 2022

1hr wait to speak to reception after being just number 7 in the queue. Then to be told we are quiet today. Clearly not, or phone system is not being used appropriately.

Visited May 2022

Report review titled Telephone system is poor as unsuitable

2. Review titled Fantastic receptionists and wonderful doctors

by JMC - Posted on 20 April 2022

The receptionists are always so kind and helpful and make sure you get the help you need. The doctors respond quickly, efficiently and with such care. I can’t recommend this surgery highly enough.

Visited April 2022

Report review titled Fantastic receptionists and wonderful doctors as unsuitable

3. Review titled Great practice amazing doctors

by Sue - Posted on 08 April 2022

I know the practice is extremely busy but if you ring at 8am you can always get an appointment that day, i recently had to call, the doctor rang me back within 2 hours she talked through my problem and issued a prescription for me to collect that same morning which i consider to be excellent service, thank you so much. i feel very lucky to be a patient at such a great surgery for the past 35 years.

Visited March 2022

Report review titled Great practice amazing doctors as unsuitable

4. Review titled Telephone appointments excellent service

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 November 2021

Telephone appointments and the surgery's approach to the handling of these, are both faultless. Clear explanation of the process while being "on-hold" and telephone consultations work well. So much more time-efficient for doctors and patients alike. Excellent service from Dorridge surgery. Thank you.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Telephone appointments excellent service as unsuitable

Replied on 03 November 2021

Thank you for such a positive post today! We really appreciate you taking the time to share such kind words. We are delighted that the service you are getting from the team here is so valued. From a very appreciative team at Dorridge Surgery!!

5. Review titled Poor admin

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 October 2021

Terrible phone system. Can take an hour ur more to get through just to be told there are no appointments. Reception staff are very rude and unhelpful.

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Poor admin as unsuitable

Replied on 21 October 2021

Dear patient. Thank you for your feedback. Dorridge Surgery take complaints very seriously, & where patients approach the surgery directly about specific issues we endeavor to investigate those issues, resolve them to be best of our ability, & explain what has happened. Anonymous complaints can't be investigated as there is always a possibility that they are vexatious or malicious and the anonymity of the complainant does not enable the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness including consent and confidentiality to be upheld. Notwithstanding the fact the anonymous complaint cannot be the subject of a formal investigation unless there is supporting evidence. All the staff at Dorridge Surgery are working incredibly hard, under exceptionally difficult circumstances. We are fully aware of the frustrations of getting through on the telephone, & the reasons for this are due to continuing exceptional demand outweighing supply of staff to deal with them, & no other reason. We ask that our patients have patience, & be kind to our teams. We will take up matters for patients when they approach us direct. I would personally ask patients that anonymously post comments that are negative about our staff to consider the impact that has on them. They are normal people doing a very difficult job and no-one intends to be 'rude & unhelpful' - quite the opposite, unless we are provided with facts and evidence to help us investigate otherwise. Thank you for your understanding

6. Review titled Wonderful Practice

by Sophia-Alexandra Harrison - Posted on 02 September 2021

Due to an ongoing health problem I am a fairly regular visitor at the surgery and have been for going on 4 years now. As other reviews have mentioned the GPs and Nurses are exceptionally helpful and really go above and beyond to help you. The receptionists are always pleasant and while the phone lines can be busy at 8am usually manage to get me an appointment that works around my full time job. On the rare occasion I have needed an urgent appointment I can only say they dealt with this fantastically and even helped me to arrange transport as I was not well enough to drive at the time. I realise that many have been less than pleased by the telephone appointments implemented during COVID however the GPs will see you face to face of they feel it is necessary on assessment and during the pandemic it has been reassuring not to sit in a busy waiting room and solve simple issues over the phone whilst at work. They've managed exceptionally well all things considered and me and my family are very grateful to have you just down the road. Thank you so much and continue being great just the way you are!

Visited June 2021

Report review titled Wonderful Practice as unsuitable

Replied on 03 November 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to give our team this feedback. It means a lot to the staff that work here that we have patients that understand and value what we do. From a very appreciative Dorridge Surgery!

7. Review titled Great Doctors - Poor Admin

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 May 2021

I only have good things to say about the doctors I've seen at Dorridge. Always friendly and caring. The receptionists, however are at best disinterested and, on occasion, downright rude. I appreciate that they can't be cheerful all the time - but a little bit of courtesy would be appreciated sometimes.

Visited May 2021

Report review titled Great Doctors - Poor Admin as unsuitable

Replied on 21 October 2021

8. Review titled Contacting the surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 March 2021

Impossible to find a contact email address on the badly designed and out of date website. The alternative, is of course, hanging on the telephone for an eternity. Their means of contact need updating and making more user-friendly.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Contacting the surgery as unsuitable

9. Review titled Very Poor

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 March 2021

Covid Vaccine: Over 50 male, everyone I know my age has already been given the option and has been able to organise a convenient date and time. I was given one date and time in a clinic over 5 miles away, no alternatives, no other times or dates apparently available - take it or leave it. I had no choice but to leave it as I could not get there. Its extremely poor.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Very Poor as unsuitable

Replied on 19 March 2021

Vaccine is now in scarce supply-patients are encouraged to prioritise getting their vaccine. Anyone over 50 has been texted by the government and has the option of multiple mass vaccination sites across the Midlands. Due to Covid safety infection prevention and limitations on movement of vaccines only certain sites are licensed to deliver the Covid Vaccine. Everybody has been promised a vaccine venue within 10 miles of their home. This is a free vaccine and gives us a possible way out of the pandemic. Please make it a priority in your schedule however busy you are.

10. Review titled Outstanding Practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 March 2022

I have been on your books since 1984 and have always felt very lucky to be attached to this outstanding practice. The patients' waiting areas are always pristine and the whole practice has been redecorated on a regular basis. The Admin staff have always been very helpful and understanding. ALL the doctors are well qualified and exceptionally talented. As a training centre the student doctors have been fortunate to be placed here. My own situation, whether it has been an accident, elderly care or general 'maintenance' has been overseen with great care and attention. When I required assistance at an inconvenient hour in the middle of the night, due to an elderly relative's passing, I was given time and kindness when the doctor had to be at the practice a few hours later. I have always felt that they keep abreast of new techniques etc and student doctors have always been given good training in this general practice.

Visited January 2021