Cavendish Health Centre

1. Review titled Superb doctors, however switchboard requires improvement

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 May 2022

I phoned in the morning for a day appointment as my child complained of severe earache. The reception insisted given that there was a phone appointment available in the late afternoon, I could only book that and not be on the urgent morning call list to speak to a doctor (usually if I call re my children I am always placed on the morning call list and they are seen by a doctor in person on the same day). This really upset me as surely you cannot diagnose a child’s ear over the phone and my child was already unwell for the whole weekend. Now to the wonderful doctors: After reading the notes of my earlier talk with reception, the doctor immediately called me during the morning mentioning that an ear cannot be diagnosed without being seen. My child got seen at lunchtime and got prescribed the necessary medicine straight away (The medicine required a prescription, so I could not have obtained it in the pharmacy without seeing a GP). Thank you so much!

Visited May 2022

Report review titled Superb doctors, however switchboard requires improvement as unsuitable

Replied on 19 July 2022

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our team of doctors. This is really useful feedback and we will discuss with the reception team. Just to reassure you, if any doctor speaks to you on the day and decides that you need to be seen that day we will arrange - however much more appropriate for us to add to the duty doctor's urgent list for a call that morning as you say. All the best to you and your family - hope you are keeping well!

2. Review titled Very quick

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 October 2021

I called hoping for an appointment this week for worsening respiratory symptoms. I was booked on the emergency call list as there were no appointments. within 30 minutes I was called, and after a brief chat booked within the hour for a face to face review. I was seen, treated and follow up arranged swiftly and appropriately in what I know is a very busy time. I have no hesitation in recommending this practice and the doctor who saw/spoke to me and am very grateful for the care I received.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Very quick as unsuitable

Replied on 28 October 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are so pleased we were able to help. Hope you are on the mend! Best wishes from the Cavendish team.

3. Review titled Very quick

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 October 2021

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Very quick as unsuitable

Replied on 28 October 2021

4. Review titled Exceptional practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 May 2021

I had complicated health issues last year with many GP consultations and a lot of medication. I am so impressed by the level and consistency of care across the board at the Cavendish Health Centre. The GPS, in spite of the pressure they were under, always had enough time, were extremely professional and supportive, and very kind. Both my medical conditions were difficult to diagnose and the GPs got it right on both occasions, which was then confirmed by various scans and tests etc. The registrar I saw at UCHL commented that my referral letter was the best one he had ever had from a GP. The admin staff were equally caring and made great efforts to get things right. It’s an impressive practice but has been especially so during the covid crisis.

Visited April 2021

Report review titled Exceptional practice as unsuitable

Replied on 14 May 2021

Thank you so much for your review. It really means a lot to us, to get feedback like this and know that we have helped you. Keep well! Best wishes from the Cavendish team.

5. Review titled Super practice

by Achal - Posted on 19 January 2021

I like the practice as all the staff is very good and the Doctors are very professional and they do listen to the problems and treat patients with care.

Visited December 2020

Report review titled Super practice as unsuitable

Replied on 25 January 2021

Thank you for your comment - we are really pleased to read that you are happy with our staff and the service we provide. All the best from the Cavendish team.

6. Review titled Good all round care provision

by Rupert Gardner - Posted on 14 October 2020

I have recently had blood tests and review, asthma medication review, general asthma review. All have been conducted very efficiently and professionally.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Good all round care provision as unsuitable

Replied on 20 October 2020

So good to hear! Thank you very much for your review; we are pleased to know you feel well looked after. Best wishes from the Cavendish team.