Bursted Wood Surgery

1. Review titled Terrible practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 October 2021

I have been left in tears today. Multiple telephone appointments ignored, begging to speak to gp with rude reception staff, pregnant and left with no medication. Was supposed to be called at 9:30 this morning for telephone appointment and as usual, nothing. How long can COVID be an excuse for poor service from this surgery?

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Terrible practice as unsuitable

Bursted Wood Surgery has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Poor service

by jas - Posted on 20 August 2021

I dropped of an ESA form on 2.8.21. After initially being told it takes 4 weeks to complete on the phone I was told Doc would take two weeks and I would be told it when it was done. 2 1/2 weeks later I'd hear nothing so I called and was told it was with the doctor, call back in 2 days. I explained it needed to be done with enough time for me to send it back to DWP. 2 days later I called back,after initially being told it hadn't been done, after the rather abrupt receptionist actually checked she said it had been done and would be posted. I asked if it was best to check in a couple of days that it had been posted to which she replied "I've told you it will be posted so it will be". Totally unacceptable attitude. I'm seriously ill and this has caused me further anxiety. Zero confidence in them. A couple of months ago I ordered a repeat prescription. It took me 4 phone calls to actually get it done. Again no opology or consideration how stressful this is when you are ill. Total lack of empathy.

Visited August 2021

Report review titled Poor service as unsuitable

Replied on 19 October 2021

We do apologise for your recent experience with Bursted Wood Surgery .When completing private forms outside of NHS work we do ask for up to 4/6 weeks to complete, these forms do not fall within the NHS structure and are classed as private work therefore the GP has to complete them in their own time , we also have to take into consideration annual leave of the GP involved. I will endeavor to find out which receptionist was rude to you and will give further training to those involved in this issue. We can assure you that we do have empathy with our patients that are ill and we do understand how stressful this can be ,we can only apologise for your wait regarding this matter , if you are still experiencing issues with the surgery we would be grateful if you could call the surgery or write to the Practice Manager to make yourself known to us so that we can investigate this further .

3. Review titled GP practice

by Sue - Posted on 18 June 2021

I contacted the surgery regarding an infected bee sting and was told in no uncertain terms that I could not make an appointment over the phone and would need to fill out a form and someone would get back to me within two days! If I had an emergency I was told to go to A & E. I am very disappointed with the lack of support and care from the practice, I said, if someone could call me all I need is a prescription I didn’t want to waist anyone’s time including my own, in this day and age Video calls are common and if my arm had been seen it would have been clear all I needed was a prescription. I had to go to an over worked A&E, with a surgery full of people during a pandemic, what sense it that?

Visited June 2021

Report review titled GP practice as unsuitable

Replied on 19 October 2021

We do apologise for your recent experience with Bursted Wood Surgery During these unprecedented times we did do ask patients to fill out an e consultation form these are responded to in 48 hours 2 working days we would then book patients in to see someone at the surgery if needed. This was done to protect both patients and staff during this time as per the guidelines from PHE . As of the month of september we have now changed our appointment system and are now seeing more face to face ,routine appointments as well as telephone appointments.If you are still experiancing issues with the surgery we would be grateful if you could call the surgery or write to the Practice Manager to make yourself known to us so that we can investigate this further .

4. Review titled Disappointed

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 May 2021

I have been a patient at this surgery since my birth over 30 years ago! I’m sad to say it’s changed so much. It’s been going downhill for a while now. The receptionist’s generally are rather rude and unhelpful with the exception of one and the doctors change constantly. And now with the COVID situation it has got even worse. I rung last week for my daughter and was told face to face appointments were not happening. Even though when I watch the news the government say they are. I was given a telephone consultation which was not helpful as she needed to be examined. I was forced to take her to urgent care with a 3 hour wait. I imagine the long wait time was due to everyone being forced there due to the doctors not helping. The day before I rung for an appointment there was 2 deaths from Covid. 2!! And yet Covid is still being used as an excuse to not see and treat a child. I agree some things can be done over the phone and this will be convenient for everyone but if i am ringing because my child is not well I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect an appointment. Something needs to change it just is not good enough.

Visited May 2021

Report review titled Disappointed as unsuitable

Replied on 19 October 2021

We do apologise for your recent experience with Bursted Wood Surgery .We do offer Face to Face appointments and we have available on the day emergency appointments. We also offer e consultation via our website this is responded to within 48 hours 2 working days. If you are still experiencing problems with the surgery we would be grateful if you could call the surgery or write to the Practice Manager to make yourself known to us so that we can investigate this further .

5. Review titled Rude receptionists

by Loreta - Posted on 10 November 2020

I moved to this area a year ago, it was a first time ever I changed my GP and was shocked with the receptionist attitude, all over a year I didn't have at least one chat in a polite attitude, each time I need to sort my problems I ending up with the ruined day, never experienced anything like that anywhere at NHS. On top of it they never sorted anything what doctors or nurses asked them to sort out for me, I always had to chase them over and over again about one and the same thing, always geting the same answer "we will call you back soon" but it's never happening so I need to call them back and go through that same rude attitude again and again. I don't have any complaints about doctors, they always nice, polite and doing everything to help you, even at this hard times I got referrals and treatments done.

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Rude receptionists as unsuitable

Replied on 19 March 2021

We do apologize for your recent experience with Bursted Wood Surgery . If you are still experiencing issues with the surgery we would be grateful if you would write to the Practice Manager to make yourself known to us so that we can investigate this further .

6. Review titled Poor communication skills

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 November 2020

I wanted a appointment for my son for this years flu vaccine. I was not even asked if he falls under any of the categories listed on the NHS website or the HSCNI website. My son was refused an appointment. This appointment refusal was sent via a text message. I have asked for a call back to explain there reasons to why his not entitled. By looking at the other reviews with no reply I can see I will be waiting for a long time for a call back!. I find it’s always a uphill struggle to be seen at this GPs, it’s a effort just to get an appointment.

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Poor communication skills as unsuitable

Replied on 19 November 2020

I am very sorry for your experience. The Flu campaign is extremely important this year and if your son is eligible for an NHS funded flu vaccination he should have it. At Bursted Wood Surgery we are currently running weekly childhood flu clinics. Could you please email the surgery on burstedwood@nhs.net for the attention of the practice manager so we can resolve this query for you as soon as possible. This following link may help you. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/child-flu-vaccine/

7. Review titled No GP- locum doctors only

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 September 2020

Never see the same doctor- only locum doctors. This has been the case since the resident GP left over 3 years ago (or more). Cannot get an appointment and have to explain all details to the receptionists who then decide if the doctor will see you or give you a phone call. They’re not medics yet are running the surgery (badly). One incident was regarding my 10 day old son and receptionist told me that the doctor was not routinely seeing patients due to corona! This is a newborn and she was advising going to urgent care, what about the corona risk to my baby. Luckily the locum GP had more sense. Reception staff need to be more empathetic and helpful. Then there were even more problems getting my prescription script to the pharmacy. Only 2 doctors working that day and one from home- how? When complained the receptionists informed me that they are aware of the shortcomings of the surgery but wasn’t their fault. Really poor.

Visited September 2020

Report review titled No GP- locum doctors only as unsuitable

Replied on 19 March 2021

We do apologize for your recent experience with Bursted Wood Surgery . We would be grateful if you could call the surgery or write to the Practice Manager to make yourself known to us so that we can investigate this further .