Birdhurst Medical Practice

1. Review titled Rude doctor

by izarhq39 - Posted on 24 September 2021

I have been with this practice for over 10 years, the receptionist staff are lovely and myself and my mother have never had any problems. After speaking with a doctor on a telephone conversation I felt really frustrated and upset because I was spoken to rudely and in a very condescending way. Left the phone call feeling really upset and down. I was cut off whilst I was speaking and was questioned as to why I have not had the vaccine and that I should not be waiting to have it in a very passive aggressive way which I don’t appreciate. Really upset about this as I have loved this surgery. I understand some doctors may be stressed and tired but there is a way to speak to people and you should not have an an attitude when speaking to a patient and cut them off when speaking.

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Rude doctor as unsuitable

Provided by Care opinion

2. Review titled Unfriendly.. painful to get anything done

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 July 2021

Couldn't get to schedule my blood tests after two phone calls. Now I am told to call again later in the day. No resources to request online.. but only can call; have to wait for minutes before the call is answered with no confirmation and never bothers to call back after a request.

Visited July 2021

Report review titled Unfriendly.. painful to get anything done as unsuitable

3. Review titled Breast clinic

by hawkdd65 - Posted on 08 July 2021

After recently being referred to the breast clinic I wanted to say a big thank you for the excellent service I received. Had an appointment within days of seeing GP. The consultant was very reassuring and knowledgeable and a mammogram was booked within two days. Called back for a follow up a few day laters and received a second mammogram and ultrasound. The staff were all wonderful and helped put me at ease when I was feeling rather nervous. Thankfully the outcome was positive and I got the all clear. The receptionist in particular was very kind and checked on my way out that I had chance to ask all the questions I needed. Impressed with the speed of service and wonderful care from the team. Thanks

Visited June 2021

Report review titled Breast clinic as unsuitable

Provided by Care opinion

4. Review titled No respect for human dignity

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 June 2021

I am that kind of person who is not complaining and not bothering doctors too much. However I had to call them one month ago for a medical problem which seemed to be serious. Since it was taking too long to have an appointment and I wanted to avoid the situation when I should go to emergency, I tried to access extra resources for medical care in the meantime. Unfortunately I had to call them again after three weeks, encouraged by my employer who could also figure out that I am still not well. It wasn't a pleasure for me to do that but I had to. Unfortunately the doctor was very annoyed, they started the conversation in a very rude manner, by asking what do I want, why am I not going to private now, and they didn't give me space to present the whole picture of my problem. I tried to talk nicely and I almost begged them to help me, hoping that they will become a little bit more compassionate, but nothing has changed. I perceived their attitude as being very humiliating and aggressive. I was so intimidated by her attitude that I couldn't even find my words; however, I don't think I deserved to be treated like this. Finally I gave up and I decided I don't want their help anymore. I fell asleep crying in that evening because it was hard for me to believe that a professional treated me in such a humiliating manner. I believe they should take more into consideration the respect for human dignity when talking to people.

Visited June 2021

Report review titled No respect for human dignity as unsuitable

5. Review titled Wonderful Practice - Highly Recommend

by Jenny - Posted on 07 December 2020

Birdhurst practice have been great in 2020 providing me physical and emotional support with a very tough year; even with the COVID situation. They have managed to adapt to virtual support and appointments whilst still offering a high level of care and support. I am very grateful for all they have done and continue to do for me, they have gone above and beyond my expectations of a GP surgery and I would highly recommend this practice to anyone in the south Croydon area. The staff are friendly, professional, caring and supportive through challenging times

Visited December 2020