Ashfields Primary Care Centre - Ratings and reviews

1. Review titled Compassionate and understanding

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 October 2023

I cannot fault the care we received from Ashfields yesterday. The receptionist (or I think what’s now known as a care navigator) went out of her way to ensure I could make an urgent appointment for my husband and the doctor was extremely understanding and gave him a lot of her time even though I’m sure it was outside her normal working hours. In my opinion they went above and beyond what might be expected and I am extremely grateful.

Visited October 2023

Report review titled Compassionate and understanding as unsuitable

2. Review titled Awful receptionist

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 August 2023

Trying to book an appointment to see if a wound is infected. I was told wait for a week, ring 111 or go to Leighton hospital 5 miles away. I suggested a nurse may help but to no avail. Fortunately I asked for a supervisor who offered a nurse. Perhaps the receptionist needs to be informed its not an emergency now but an infected wound can be one if left untreated. I was gobsmacked. It's a shame as the doctors are wonderful.

Visited August 2023

Report review titled Awful receptionist as unsuitable

3. Review titled Amazing service

by Tanya Gallagher - Posted on 22 February 2023

Had an issue with a chemist not being able to fill a prescription, called the team who had it re-routed to another chemist who could fill the following day. The issue was resolved in under 10 mins. Very helpful and super friendly team. Amazing support, thank you.

Visited February 2023

Report review titled Amazing service as unsuitable

4. Review titled Glad we found you

by Sarah Craig - Posted on 07 March 2023

Thank heavens we moved to your catchment area! After years of practices with poor care and management (one even actually putting me back into hospital) Ashfields is like a ray of sunshine. This busy practice always has time and a smile for you. Their internal systems lead to joined up communications whoever you go to see. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We both have chronic conditions and became very poorly with a long term flu just after we moved but the practice looked after us. The range of services provided are easily accessible and the premises themselves welcoming. You are all doing a great job. Thank you so much

Visited January 2023

Report review titled Glad we found you as unsuitable

5. Review titled Excellent treatment by nurse

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 October 2022

Attended for dressing to wound to be changed after originally being applied by hospital abroad after accident. The appointment with the nurse was on time, she had a very friendly manner, she was knowledgeable and explained things clearly, she consulted a senior colleague as a precautionary measure and applied the new dressing expertly. I was very satisfied with the treatment. I couldn't have been treated better - and all done with a smile!

Visited October 2022

Report review titled Excellent treatment by nurse as unsuitable

6. Review titled Inadequate healthcare

Rated 1 star out of 5

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 February 2023

I have been a patient here for over 5 years and all but given up bothering to see a GP because it is ultimately a futile and frustrating experience. With the exception of one GP (whose excellent reputation means they are always booked up for weeks), the GPs appear disinterested and leave you feeling as though they are trying to get you in and out as fast as possible. Yes, the NHS is under extreme pressure so I find it hard to blame the staff, but this GP practice is not providing me with adequate primary healthcare. I took out private medical insurance because I became so disillusioned with the NHS, but even they will refuse to pay for treatments unless a GP refers you to a specialist/consultant. I've found this is very difficult to achieve as the GPs appear to be restricted by limitations on what they can and can't do in order to save money. So patients are stuck with the worst of both worlds.

Visited February 2022

Report review titled Inadequate healthcare as unsuitable

7. Review titled Great help from nurse practitioner

by Tracey - Posted on 14 January 2022

I had a telephone appointment about severe pain in my head and sinus issues, these had been ongoing since before Xmas, the nurses practitioner I spoke to was excellent, she had an amazing bedside manner and knew what she was talking about, she prescribed medication, that I started straight away, I had a follow up face to face, and again I could not fault the care I received , she put my mind at ease, she telephoned me when my blood results were back and explained everything, she also booked me in for scan. She is a credit to Ashfield, and I would definitely be asking to see her if I have any other issue, thank you for your time, care and attention you gave me. Much appreciated

Visited January 2022

Report review titled Great help from nurse practitioner as unsuitable

8. Review titled Consultation

by Dave A - Posted on 30 December 2021

I have now tryed 3 times to leave this review. I had an appointment and follow up call from your nurse practitioner it seems you can’t name people. But a check on my appointments in last week will tell. She is brilliant and is helping me to sort an ongoing sinus problem. She listens and helps. And a credit to your already excellent team no doubt a valuable asset to the practice. I would recommend anyone to see her. Dave A

Visited December 2021

Report review titled Consultation as unsuitable