Find your NHS Number
You can find your NHS Number on any letters you have had from the NHS.
- test results
- hospital referral letters
- appointment letters
You can also:
- use the Find your NHS number service to be sent your NHS number
- sign up with the NHS App to find out your NHS number
- try your GP’s online services
If you cannot find your NHS number after trying these options, you can ask your GP surgery for it.
You do not need your NHS number to use NHS services, including booking appointments.
Access the NHS if you're visiting or moving to England
If you're visiting or moving to England, you can have treatment on the NHS.
But you may be charged, and this can vary depending on where you're from.
Read more about healthcare if you're planning to visit or move to England.
Make a freedom of information (FOI) request
Freedom of Information (FOI) requests must be made in writing by post, fax or email.
Information Governance Compliance Team
1 Trevelyan Square
Leeds LS1 6AE
What you need to provide
- your name
- an address for correspondence (email or postal)
- details of the information you want
Page last reviewed: 25 July 2019
Next review due: 25 July 2022