Skip to main content

Help and support - Menopause

Speak to a health care professional

A GP, nurse or pharmacist can give you advice and help with your menopause or perimenopause symptoms.

There are also menopause specialists who have experience in supporting anyone going through perimenopause and menopause.

Talking therapies like counselling or CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) can help with symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. You can get NHS talking therapies without seeing a GP first.

Videos of other people's experiences

Healthtalk has videos of women talking about living with menopause and perimenopause and what helped them. It covers many topics, including:

  • changes in periods
  • memory and concentration
  • sex drive
  • vaginal dryness
  • emotions and the menopause and perimenopause
  • HRT (hormone replacement therapy)

More information

Charities offering information and support include:

Page last reviewed: 17 May 2022
Next review due: 17 May 2025