Gray's Inn Road Medical Centre - Ratings and reviews

1. Review titled Fortune Green Road Practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 31 August 2023

I have a series of repeating prescriptions which I update via Patient Access. The practice is usually extremely efficient at getting the order to my chemist as soon as I log it, which is a great help. The desk staff, doctors & nurse are all helpful and listen to whatever concern I have. There is almost always a wait of around 10–12 minutes after your given appointment time, but (as above), they do listen and discuss, so I don’t find this a major problem. You just have to factor in more time for the visit. It can take a while for phones to be answered but that’s hardly an unusual experience! I requested the shingles jab as I have had chickenpox. Because of one condition, I had to have it in 2 stages & using the “dead” vaccine. They were able to organise these & schedule them at the necessary time spacing, which made it an easier experience for me. Overall, I would definitely recommend them as a practice.

Visited August 2023

Report review titled Fortune Green Road Practice as unsuitable

2. Review titled Administration is the downfall

Rated 1 star out of 5

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 March 2023

My personal GP is excellent however the telephonists / receptionists and practice management are diabolical and it gets worse by the year. I arrived 20 minutes late for an appointment because I didn’t get the confirmation text message. I was told the doctor “refuses” to see me. Upon enquiring why I didn’t get text confirmation message (as I was not the only patient here facing the same problem of being refused their appointment and neither receiving a text confirmation) I was threatened by the receptionist to leave else she would call the police. I did not act in any threatening manner so I welcomed her to report me to the police. She confirmed that the practice manager has called the police so I am patiently waiting here to speak to them when they arrive, to make sure that I do not get falsely reported as an abusive patient. The waiting room is completely empty, I am the only person here most of the time, however, still a GP is blocked from fulfilling my appointment.

Visited March 2023

Report review titled Administration is the downfall as unsuitable

3. Review titled not bad

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 January 2023

I have been with the practice many years. I went in january. I am told my appointment will be in april. I looked in waiting room empty. I live near by.

Visited January 2023

Report review titled not bad as unsuitable

4. Review titled Consistently incompetent

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 April 2022

I have visited the practice a few times over the last few years and without fail there has been an admin issue, long waits for an appointment and incompetent staff. The most recent experience involved not being called or updated on test results that are abnormal and have been available at the clinic for 3 weeks. I had to call and chase. The NHS app didn’t have the results either. When organising the various tests the doctor did not explain what to do with the swabs and instead I had to ask the receptionist! For the bloods, the receptionist pointed me to a nearby hospital and said it was walk-in. It wasn’t and they weren’t happy with me for turning up. These problems predate Covid and some feel really avoidable.

Visited April 2022

Report review titled Consistently incompetent as unsuitable

5. Review titled Everything works as it should

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 April 2022

They've got an online booking system that allows you to make an appointment. If that doesn't work, you can just book through the phone lines, though like other GPs, be prepared for a wait there. The practice itself is stretched, but works.

Visited February 2022

Report review titled Everything works as it should as unsuitable