Find an NHS psychological therapies service (IAPT)
If you live in England and are aged 18 or over, you can access NHS psychological therapies (IAPT) services.
A GP can refer you, or you can refer yourself directly without a referral.
IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) services offer:
- talking therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), counselling, other therapies, and guided self-help
- help for common mental health problems, like anxiety and depression
See problems that IAPT services can treat
The problems that IAPT services can treat include:
- generalized anxiety
- social anxiety
- panic and agoraphobia
- other phobias
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- body dysmorphic disorder
You need to be registered with a GP to get talking therapies on the NHS.
If you're not registered with a GP, read about how to register with a GP surgery.Start now