NHS COVID-19 rapid lateral flow tests are no longer free for most people.
You may still be able to get free COVID-19 rapid lateral flow tests from the NHS if you:
- have a health condition which means you're eligible for COVID-19 treatment
- work in healthcare or in a hospice
If you want to get tested but are not eligible for free NHS rapid lateral flow tests, you need to pay for the test yourself.
You can buy rapid lateral flow tests from some pharmacies and retailers, in person or online.
If you work in healthcare or in a hospice
If you work in healthcare or in a hospice, you may be able to get free NHS COVID-19 rapid lateral flow tests. It depends on your job and if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or not.
If you're not sure if you are eligible, speak to your employer.
How to order a free NHS COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test if you're eligible
If you are eligible for free NHS COVID-19 rapid lateral flow tests you can get them sent to your home.
If you need help with your order
Call 119 for free if:
- you're eligible for free NHS rapid lateral flow tests and cannot use the online service to order
- your tests do not arrive within 5 days
Lines are open:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, including bank holidays
- Saturday and Sunday 9am to 1pm
119 provides support in 200 languages.
SignVideo is a free online British Sign Language interpreter service for 119.