- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- large pinch of dried mixed herbs
- large pinch of mustard powder
- large pinch of black pepper
- 1 slice of pepper, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 3cm piece of cucumber, chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon canned mixed beans in water, drained
- half a 160g can of tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 thick slice of wholemeal bread and lower-fat spread
Complete your lunchbox with:
- a satsuma
- slice of malt loaf
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
Mix the oil, lemon juice, mixed herbs, mustard powder and black pepper.
Add to the salad vegetables, beans and tuna and mix gently.Information:
Double the recipe to use the rest of the can of tuna and save for the next day.
Serve with the bread and lower-fat spread.Information:
This would also work well with cold pasta as a pasta salad, instead of serving with bread.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.