Spicy chicken and salad wrap recipe
Wraps are a popular alternative to sandwiches. Complete your child's lunchbox with some homemade popcorn and fresh fruit.
Prep: 10 mins
Per serving (main recipe only – does not include extras or drink):
- 1,588kJ / 377kcal
- 8.2g fat of which saturates 3.2g
- 37.9g carbohydrate of which sugars 6.1g
- 6.5g fibre
- 34.7g protein
- 1.2g salt
- 1 tablespoon low-fat Greek style yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon of curry powder, to taste
- large pinch of chilli powder, to taste
- 85g cooked chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large wholemeal wrap
- small wedge of lettuce, to give 2 tablespoons when shredded
- 3 slices of cucumber, chopped
- 1 slice of pepper, chopped
Complete your lunchbox with:
- peach and strawberry slices
- homemade popcorn (flavoured with cinnamon, for example)
- 150ml fruit juice drink (with no added sugar)
Mix the yoghurt and spices to taste and add the chicken.Information:
This is a great way to use leftover roast chicken.
Spread the chicken mixture on the wrap, then sprinkle on the lettuce, cucumber and pepper.Information:
Try other salad vegetables – grated carrot and chopped celery work well, too.
Fold opposite edges of the wrap, to keep the filling in, then roll up and cut in half.
More lunchbox recipes
Sign up for Healthy Steps emails
Want the recipe for a healthier family? Join today and over 8 weeks you'll get easy tips from nutrition experts and parents, healthy swaps and tasty recipes on a budget.