- 2 heaped tablespoons tinned chickpeas
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon low-fat Greek style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- 1 large wholemeal pitta bread, cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 stick of celery, cut into sticks
Complete your lunchbox with:
- sugar-free jelly pot
- small bottle of water
Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, yoghurt, oil, spices and garlic in a bowl.
Using a hand blender, mix together until smooth.Information:
Make the hummus the previous evening and store in the fridge. As well as saving time, the flavours will have time to develop.
Serve with the pitta bread strips and carrot and celery sticks.Information:
Hummus makes a great after-school snack. If you're using a shop-bought hummus, choose a reduced-fat version.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.