- 2 thick slices of wholemeal bread
- 2 tablespoons medium-fat soft cheese
- 3cm piece of cucumber, finely chopped
- 20g celery (about two-thirds of a stick), finely chopped
- small wedge of lettuce, to give 2 tablespoons when shredded
- pinch of black pepper or paprika, optional
Complete your lunchbox with:
- an apple
- fruit teacake
- small bottle of water
Spread both slices of bread with the cheese.Information:
Spreading the cheese on both slices of the bread – and patting the salad dry – helps prevent a soggy sandwich!
Pat the salad dry and use to fill the sandwich, sprinkling with pepper or paprika if using.Information:
Try other salad vegetables, or even some pineapple.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.