- 2 reduced-fat sausages
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes (fresh or tinned) or passata
- 410g tin cannellini or butter beans in water, drained
- 100g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or dried mixed herbs
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the sausages for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until they're thoroughly cooked.
While the sausages are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes or passata, beans, potatoes and basil or mixed herbs. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.Information:
Boost your 5 A Day by adding chopped courgette or other veg – like carrot, sweet potato or pepper – at the same time as the potato.
Slice the sausages and add them to the saucepan. Stir and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes to make sure they're warmed through. Serve in bowls and tuck in!
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.