- 1 teaspoon lower-fat spread to grease tin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100g button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- large pinch of black pepper
- large pinch of nutmeg
- 10g reduced-fat cheddar, finely grated
- quarter of an iceberg lettuce, shredded
- half a green pepper, diced
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- quarter of a cucumber, chopped
- a few stems of fresh chives, chopped
Grease the bottom and sides of 4 holes of a muffin tray. Cut 4 circles of baking paper and place in the bottom of each hole.
Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes until softened, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further few minutes. Transfer to the muffin tray.Information:
Experiment with different vegetables – using 160g of thawed frozen vegetables instead of the mushrooms and onion saves time as there's no need to pre-cook them.
Mix the eggs with the milk, black pepper and nutmeg. Pour into the muffin tray and sprinkle on the cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven (180C, 160C fan, gas mark 4) for 15 minutes until risen and brown.
Leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes. Remove by running a knife around the edge of the tin and then serve with the green salad.Information:
Try them hot with some grilled tomatoes and toast for a delicious weekend brunch. These are also a good packed lunch option – just add some crusty bread.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.