- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 or 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning, to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 12 large chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 onion, quartered and separated to give 16 pieces
- 4 sweetcorn cobettes
Mix the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with 1 teaspoon of jerk seasoning (or 2 if you prefer a spicier flavour). Stir in the chicken and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
Thread a piece of pepper onto a skewer, then onion, then chicken, finishing with onion.Information:
Try other vegetables like mushrooms and courgettes – or even fruit like mango or pineapple.
Cook on the barbecue for 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently. Alternatively, cook under a preheated grill.
Meanwhile cook the sweetcorn cobettes in boiling water, or on the barbecue for 6 to 8 minutes.Information:
Add flatbreads or boiled rice for an easy meal.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.