- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 250g turkey mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- wholemeal breadcrumbs (from 1 slice of bread)
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons zero-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch of black pepper
Mix together the onion, carrot, mince, garlic, cumin, tomato purée, breadcrumbs and egg yolk.Information:
Make leftover bread into breadcrumbs and store in the freezer.
Divide the mixture into 8 pieces, then form a sausage shape with each piece and wrap around a skewer.Information:
If you prefer, form the mixture into 16 small balls and cook either on skewers or individually.
Put the koftas in a foil-lined grill pan and put under a preheated grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare the dip by combining the yoghurt and mint. For the salad, layer the sliced tomatoes and onions, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper.Information:
These koftas could also be served hot with vegetables, boiled rice and the minty yoghurt.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.