- 80g smoked mackerel, skinned and flaked
- 50g cooked prawns, peeled and thawed if frozen
- 4 tablespoons 0%-fat Greek yoghurt
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- half a cucumber – a quarter finely chopped, a quarter sliced to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- small handful of watercress, to serve
Put the mackerel into a bowl and mash with a fork, removing any bones. Add the prawns (chopped if large), yoghurt, spring onions, deseeded tomato, cucumber and lemon zest. Season with a little black pepper and stir everything together.Information:
If using peppered smoked mackerel, you won't need to use any extra pepper in the recipe.
Toast the bread, then spread the fish mixture on top. Serve with cucumber slices and watercress.Information:
Another time, try using smoked trout instead of mackerel.