- 300g easy-cook white or brown rice
- 4 eggs
- 200g skinless cod fillet (or pollock), cut into chunks
- 120g skinless smoked haddock fillet, cut into chunks
- 120g skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 150g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Cook the rice in boiling water until tender, according to packet instructions. At the same time, hard-boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
Put the chunks of fish into a large frying pan and add a little water. Heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until the fish is opaque. Drain.Information:
Look out for ready-prepared plain fish pie mix from the fresh fish counter – also sold pre-packed – to save some money.
Shell the eggs and quarter them. Drain the rice and add it to the fish with the curry powder, peas and parsley. Heat, stirring gently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with black pepper and serve, topped with the eggsInformation:
Another time, use frozen mixed vegetables instead of peas.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.