- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 500g skinless, boneless uncooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 400ml reduced-salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 25g sultanas or raisins
- 25g chopped ready-to-eat apricots
- 300g easy-cook long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 tablespoons low-fat, lower-sugar plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (to garnish)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add the chicken, onion, apple and garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the curry paste and cook for a few seconds, stirring.Information:
Make a vegetarian version by using a 300g pack of vegetarian chicken-style pieces or try using 320g marinated tofu pieces, and make sure that vegetable stock is used.
Add the stock, raisins (or sultanas) and apricots. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 35 minutes. Add a little more stock or water, if necessary.
Brown rice takes 30 to 35 minutes to cook, so put it in plenty of simmering water.
Just before serving, blend the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water and add to the curry, stirring until thickened. Slice in the banana, cooking gently for another few moments. Check the seasoning, adding pepper, if needed.
Serve, topping each portion with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and accompanied with the rice. Garnish with coriander, if using.Information:
If you prefer, stir the yoghurt into the curry before serving, rather than spooning it on top.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.