Skip to main content

Help from social services and charities

Includes helplines, needs assessments, advocacy and reporting abuse.

Telephone helplines and forums

Speak to someone about social care and support.

Getting a needs assessment

How to get assessed by your local council to see what type of care you need.

Care and support plans

This document is written by your council and describes the care and support you need.

Financial assessment (means test)

An assessment to decide if your council will pay towards your care and support.

Someone to speak up for you (advocate)

Find someone who can sit with you in assessments, speak up for you and help you fill in forms.

Care for people with mental health problems (Care Programme Approach)

Help with money, support at home and medicines.

Abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults

What to do if you or someone you know is being abused or neglected.