- Ovarian cancer affects the ovaries. It mostly affects women over the age of 50.
- It can affect anyone who has ovaries.
- The ovaries are 2 small organs that store the eggs needed to make babies.
- Sometimes ovarian cancer runs in families.
- The symptoms of ovarian cancer, such as bloating, are not always obvious.
- Ovarian cancer is often diagnosed late, but early diagnosis can mean it is more treatable.
Important: Get your symptoms checked
It's important to get any symptoms of ovarian cancer checked as soon as possible. Finding it early can mean it's more treatable.
Page last reviewed: 24 January 2022
Next review due: 24 January 2025