Use this service if you need a note for your employer, or the Department for Work and Pensions, for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit.
This service is paused
People at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable) in England are not currently advised to shield.
You cannot use this service to get a shielding note for SSP.
If shielding advice changes in the future, this service will be reinstated.
Who this service is for
You can only use this service if all of these apply:
- you're at high risk from COVID-19 (clinically extremely vulnerable) – you received a communication saying you’re high risk
- you live or work in an area where shielding advice is in place
- you cannot work from home
- you live in England
You do not need to use this service if:
- there’s no shielding advice in place where you live or work
- you can work from home
- you can work in an area where there’s no shielding advice in place
- you already have a valid shielding letter that's in date
If you are not sure if this applies to you:
- speak to your GP surgery or your employer
- check the latest guidance for people at high risk from COVID-19 (clinically extremely vulnerable) on GOV.UK
Employers can check a shielding note is valid by using the Check a shielding note service.