Skip to main content

Get a shielding note

This was a service for people who needed a note for their employer or the Department for Work and Pensions for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit during times of shielding in England.

Important: This service is closed

The national shielding programme has now ended in England.

People who were identified as at high risk from COVID-19 (previously known as clinically extremely vulnerable) will not be advised to shield again in the future, or to follow specific advice and guidance.

Check the latest guidance for people at high risk from COVID-19 on GOV.UK

Page last reviewed: 28 April 2022
Next review due: 28 October 2022