- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp 1% fat milk
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 250g broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 1,904kJ / 445kcal
- 33g protein
- 46g carbohydrate of which 4g sugars
- 16g fat of which 3g saturates
- 7g fibre
- 110mg sodium equivalent to 0.3g salt
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes, until tender, adding the spring onions to the saucepan 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
When the potatoes have been cooking for 10 minutes, start to prepare the salmon. Heat the vegetable oil oil in a non-stick frying pan, brushing it over the surface.
Add the salmon, skin side down. Cook over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, without moving the fillets. Turn the salmon over, reduce the heat and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
At this point, put the broccoli on to cook in a little boiling water – it will take about 5 to 6 minutes. Let the salmon rest for a few minutes while making the mash.
Drain the potatoes and spring onions and mash thoroughly. Beat in the milk and parsley. Reheat on the hob for 1 minute, beating well. Share the mash between 4 warmed plates and arrange the salmon fillets on top. Serve with the broccoli.