- 300g dried spaghetti
- 4 slices lean back-bacon rashers, cut into pieces
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 150g lower-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 egg
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 40g reduced-fat hard cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Nutritional analysis, per adult portion (¼ recipe)
- 1,711kJ / 409kcal
- 26.5g protein
- 61g carbohydrate, of which 8g sugars
- 9g fat, of which 4g saturates
- 2.6g fibre
- 688mg sodium, equivalent to 1.7g salt
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 12 minutes, according to packet instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the bacon and spring onions, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat.
Beat together the soft cheese and egg in a mixing bowl, then stir in the cooked bacon and spring onions. Add the milk, half the hard cheese and the parsley (if using). Season with pepper.
Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan. Add the egg mixture and heat gently for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Serve sprinkled with the remaining hard cheese.