- 1 tsp lower-fat spread to grease tin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- Large pinch of black pepper
- Large pinch of nutmeg
- 10g reduced-fat cheddar, finely grated
- To serve:
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- A few stems of fresh chives, chopped
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
3.0g carbohydrate, of which 2.7g sugars
6.7g fat, of which 1.4g saturates
0.08g sodium, equivalent to 0.2g salt
Grease the bottom and sides of 4 holes of a muffin tray. Cut 4 circles of baking paper and place in the bottom of each hole.
Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes until softened, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further few minutes. Transfer to the muffin tray.
Mix the eggs with the milk, black pepper and nutmeg. Pour into the muffin tray and sprinkle on the cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven (180C/160C fan/gas mark 4) for 15 minutes until risen and brown.
Leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes. Remove by running a knife around the edge of the tin and then serve with the green salad.