- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g any type of mince (lean if possible)
- 1 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 200g any type of dried pasta, like fusilli
Swappable or optional
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pepper, any colour, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato purée (optional)
Don't worry if you don't have all of the ingredients: you can swap some for whatever you do have, or leave them out completely. The recipe will still be yummy!
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs on all sides. Remove and put on to a plate.
Add the remaining onion to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the remaining garlic and cook for another minute.